INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enabling "Audio Only" Broke My Guide (I think)  (Read 2181 times)

mx4789

• Recent member
Enabling "Audio Only" Broke My Guide (I think)
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:25:20 pm »

I clicked on the option to "enable audio only" to see what it did and a pop up came up where my only choice was "ok" (no cancel, or I didn't mean to do this option!!). It restarted JRiver and I really couldn't tell what difference it made (I was thinking it would enable a screen saver, or auto-hide the window or something) until I clicked on Guide in Theater View. It was blank with a statement about nothing to show here, or something like that. I went back and unchecked the audio only option and it restarted the server again and all seemed well. But now when I click on guide (in theater view) the guide comes up as expected and if I select a show the details come up (as expected) and then if I click "watch" instead of the TV channel appearing it takes me back to the Guide Listing. If I wait a couple of seconds the sound will start playing. If I move the remote then the picture in the lower right corner will come on. But, I still have to select the show in the guide listing a second time, and then click watch again for the channel to come on.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

mx4789

• Recent member
Re: Enabling "Audio Only" Broke My Guide (I think)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:24:18 pm »

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

Restored from backup dated June 30. It had to restart the server afterwards and much glitchiness ensued until I rebooted the computer. All is well again. Please note that it may take a few minutes for all of your channel logos to repopulate in the guide.

Ps: Could someone create the topic "Backup" under the letter "B" in the wiki and point it to the above link? It's listed under Library or something but not where I would logically look for the topic regarding backups. (B for Backup, possibly R for Restore in an index.)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Enabling "Audio Only" Broke My Guide (I think)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:08:17 pm »

Search is your friend. The Wiki index isn't that good.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=backup&fulltext=Search
Brings up "Library Backup" as the first and only matching page, based on title.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=restore&fulltext=Search
Brings up "Restore a library" as the first and only matching page, based on title.

I assume the function you selected is named "Audio Only Mode", rather than "enable audio only", and is on the View menu in the main MC interface. I don't know of any other switch for this. Unfortunately there isn't a Wiki entry for this, however searching the Forum for "Audio Only Mode" provides a lot of references which appear to discuss what it is.

So, try the search when you have an issue.

BTW, the problem you had sounds like the setting at "Options>General>Behaviour>Jump on play (video)" was set to "None". I would guess that that change would be something that selecting Audio Only Mode would do, since it turns off all video functionality. Anyway, your Library Restore has fixed the problem. Carry on.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up