INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mass tag clearing  (Read 1755 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Mass tag clearing
« on: August 07, 2003, 07:57:45 am »

Hi,

who knows the secret to do the following task:

I have a list field named topic and select a bunch of images (about 1500 tracks) that have the following values:

California;USA
Texas;USA
Florida;USA
Oregon;USA
Idaho;USA
etc.

As the state is already in another field subtopic I want to clear the value of the states in field topic and leave only the value USA.

There seems no way to use quick tagging as clicking on one value immediately selects one state for all tracks, then you have do delete that value for all tracks and repeat this for all 50 states.

Also Find/Replace does not seem to work here as I cannot use any regular expression.

It does not seem easy to remove tags selectively from a list field! Any hint on how to do that? Thank you for helping!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mass tag clearing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 08:30:04 am »

Maybe I don't understand, but I would do a search for State1;USA State2;USA and so on, and then change the field to USA for all found.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 10:17:19 am »

I really must be missing something.

Why not just set all of them to USA?

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 10:23:23 am »

Yes, I had to revert back to the property windows to make it work - does not work with quick tagging!

If you set the tag value to USA, it does not delete all other selected tag values!

What I was looking for in quick tagging was something like replace 50 different tags by one single tag!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 10:25:55 am »

Could you have clicked <unassigned>?

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 10:33:19 am »

If you have one tag selected and you click <unassigned>, then there will be a replacement.

If you have multiple tags selected and click <unassigned>, the latter will be selected, but the multiple tags will remain there (not red, but greyed out)!

I had the impression that it worked before, but it might be because I use list fields!

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 11:06:35 am »

It's a 2 second job with the properties window.  What could be quicker than that.  I just can't take to Quick Tag and I do lots of tagging of new music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up