INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exclude patterning on library import  (Read 1666 times)

wolffe

• Recent member
Exclude patterning on library import
« on: July 02, 2016, 04:47:35 pm »

Is there a way to automatically exclude files or directories from a library import?

Ideally, I'd like to exclude files and subdirs that match a pattern, like say, start with a dot, or something.

Alternatively, an ignoreme.txt (or other name) file in scanned dirs containing patterns and files to exclude would rock.

Use case: I like to keep extras, like "the making of", etc, in their relevant subdirs, but I don't want them included in the library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Exclude patterning on library import
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »

In the options for import, you can edit a directory to specify file types or folders to import or exclude.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:57:46 pm »

As far as I know excluding files on import by file or directory name or pattern isn't supported at all.

If this is really a thing for you, it might be easier to remove those types of files after each import.  After being removed once, they won't come back because MC remembers what it removed and it will skip them the next time.  If you use an administrative view to review, tag, etc, your imports, it would be easy to add a search to that view that finds your files you want excluded.  Then just select all and press delete, choosing the default of "remove from library".  This option leaves the files intact on disk, but just removes them from MC.

Sorry I don't have a more elegant suggestion.  Well, I do:  Keep your excluded files somewhere else.  :)  But you knew that.

Brian.

wolffe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:40:53 pm »

Fair enough!

In that case, I have a feature to recommend....  ;D

I will completely spec it out if it'll help.

Hey, is there an import to library api, so I can write a plugin?

RD James

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 10:22:17 pm »

Exclusion rules and folder groups would make importing so much easier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up