INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 22.0.1: NEW: You can analyze the audio when doing the import of a single folder  (Read 3611 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

How do I disable this option?

I only ever import via Explorer and audio analysis is part of my workflow, often after splitting a CUE or converting high resolution files to compatible sample rates for my streamers/portables.  If I cannot disable this option I end up with delays during import and duplication of effort when I have to reanalyze any altered files...

Under Media Import options I have Analyze audio for audio files uncheked, and cannot find any other location to control this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

It's just a checkbox.  It's probably off by default in fact.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

There's something askew...

If I import a CUE file, for a bundled set of files, MC analyses automatically (I want to stop this)...

If I import an album comprising individual FLAC files there is no auto analysis...

blgentry

You're still using CUE files?  I've never understood why people used them after gapless players became widely available.

Brian.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

This seems quite inconsistent at present?

Some folder imports get analyzed, some don't...? 

I'd still like an option to disable it entirely - it's completely messing up my exquisitely crafted import workflow.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'd still like an option to disable it entirely - it's completely messing up my exquisitely crafted import workflow.

Again, it's just a checkbox.  Uncheck it and it's off.  And in fact I thought it defaulted to off.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

My "Analyze audio for audio files" on import checkbox is off, but anaylsing is still *sometimes* taking place...  and sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't...

My import method is exclusively this:

drill into a folder containing files.  select all the files I want to import.  right-click->Media Center->Import

I never use auto-import.

I'll see if I can capture the log next time it happens.  Of course, it's currently behaving...

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck

I have same "problem" in MC 22. Yesterday when I was importing bunch of mp3 folders, I checked that audio analyze was unchecked, then I checked it and unchecked it immediately and hit the import single folder. And surprise, MC didn't automatically analyze anything.
Today I imported some audio files again, but made sure that audio analyze was not checked (I didn't check & uncheck it this time), and MC analyzed my audio files automatically....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I have same "problem" in MC 22. Yesterday when I was importing bunch of mp3 folders, I checked that audio analyze was unchecked, then I checked it and unchecked it immediately and hit the import single folder. And surprise, MC didn't automatically analyze anything.
Today I imported some audio files again, but made sure that audio analyze was not checked (I didn't check & uncheck it this time), and MC analyzed my audio files automatically....

Sorry.

Coming next build:
Fixed: Importing a single folder could analyze the audio even if that wasn't selected.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

Thanks, Matt!
Pages: [1]   Go Up