INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I use "Mix" to get songs from different smartlists for a new smartlist?  (Read 2404 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

For many of my smartlists - I use the Mix modifier to dial in specific elements like this example using my Rating tag:

15,10%,{[Rating]=5},90%,{[Rating]=1-4}

For this Smartlist - I'd like 15 songs - 10% with a 5 rating and the remaining 90% made of of songs with a rating anywhere from 1-4.

What I would like to do now is use Mix to get a percentage of songs from two existing Smartlists - something like this:

15,10%,{[SmartList A]},90%,{[SmartList B]}

I am wondering if it's possible - if so - how do I build this in Smartlist editor? Specifically the Mix expression - reference by Playlist ID? Or some other way?

Cheers!

VP

daek

• Recent member

Try this:
200,50%,{p="Name of playlist A"},50%,{p="Name of playlist B"}
use it with mix modifier, after that u should use ideally remove duplicates modifier

Vocalpoint

Try this:
200,50%,{p="Name of playlist A"},50%,{p="Name of playlist B"}
use it with mix modifier, after that u should use ideally remove duplicates modifier

This - sort of works - except I only get 100 songs. Matter of fact - no matter what "mix" quantity I input - I get exactly half the number of tracks back.

Clearly something is not clicking with the "50%" - seems it's halving the amount of tracks that are in the smartlist.

Example: If I put

30,50%,{p="Name of playlist A"},50%,{p="Name of playlist B"}

I get 15 songs

If I put

10,50%,{p="Name of playlist A"},50%,{p="Name of playlist B"}

I get 5 songs.

What I want is if I put:

10,50%,{p="Name of playlist A"},50%,{p="Name of playlist B"}

I would like 10 songs - 50% of them coming from Smartlist A and the other 50% from Smartlist B

Possible?

VP

ferday

• MC Beta Team

Just double the number of tracks?

This seems like a bug but should be an easy workaround for now...what happens if you use a different % like 25?

Vocalpoint

This seems like a bug but should be an easy workaround for now...what happens if you use a different % like 25?

If I do :

MIX: 30,25%,{p="Classic Rock Mix A},75%,{p = "Classic Rock Mix F"}

I get 7 songs?

Is my syntax actually correct?

Also - the above are Smartlists - not normal playlists. Is that a possible cause?

VP

ferday

• MC Beta Team

What's your real syntax?

It should be

~mix=30,50%,{p=...and so on

7 is approx 25% of 30 so it seems it's only taking the first #?
I've never tried to mix lists, when I have a chance I'll mess about

Edit:

I just used ~mix=50,50%,{p="female grunge singers"},50%,{p="female metal singers"}

Indeed, I got 50 tracks 25 from each smartlist

Vocalpoint

What's your real syntax?

[Media Type]=[Audio] ~mix=50,50%,{p="Classic Rock Mix A},50%,{p = "Classic Rock Mix F"}

Is what appears in the Import/Export window.

But when I run this - it gives me 25 songs. Maybe there is a problem with the amount of songs the actual Smartlists used - must return?

VP

ferday

• MC Beta Team

Shouldn't be...as long as there are enough tracks in the smartlists themselves to meet the requirements

Mine works fine and I've even made a few more because I thought it was a cool idea...no issues here so far

In your code you're missing one set of " after classic rock mix A
Does your real code miss those?  that would make sense at least...
Pages: [1]   Go Up