INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.226 beta available...  (Read 22962 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.226 beta available...
« on: July 31, 2003, 11:32:01 am »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:        

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):        

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91226.exe  

(backup your library before installing)      

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History:
1. Changed: Album grouping no longer adds files, so a search for "Blowin' in the Wind" gives one instead of the entire album. (use ~a for full albums)
2. Fixed: It could take a long time to manually switch from an audio to a video track.
3. Fixed: Dual playback (images + audio) didn't work properly with images located on a CD.
4. Changed: MC now allows dual playback (images + audio) even if there are videos in playing now.
5. Changed: Position slider bar height now selected by the skin.
6. Fixed: Media Center was not woking with MIDI files.
7. Fixed: If a handheld failed to initialize, it left a dead right-view.
8. Fixed: In-place editing in panes didn't properly handle dates.
9. Fixed: Location based view schemes didn't work properly with CD files.
10. Fixed: Adding / deleting from Playing Now could leave playing now with no "current file."
11. Fixed: Media Center was incorrectly giving "Failed to load WMDM device" message when attempting to initialize some portable devices.
12. Fixed: Acquire images windows was displaying wrong dialog when Select button was pressed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 9.1.226 beta available...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 11:57:13 am »

6. Fixed: Media Center was not woking with MIDI files

Imports & plays OK Now BUT importing doesn't fill in the duration field and I don't seem to be able to manually set this field

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 12:01:57 pm »

4. Changed: MC now allows dual playback (images + audio) even if there are videos in playing now.

This sounds just like what I was going to request.  (Be able to show a slide presentation while playing music.

How do I use this new feature??

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 12:25:15 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Focus Issues
    Clicking out of the MC window then clicking in the white space of a pane causes it to reset to <all> without showing it as selected.  Seems like it should just regain focus for the MC window alone with no resets.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/24  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Not Accurate
    A favorite pointing to a specific folder or drive takes you to the My Computer root rather than the location specified.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Medium
    Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
    Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
  • Make MC's My Computer more Explorer like by allowing files AND folders to be displayed in the main window.  It would make moving folders around so much easier.
  • Option to Suppress external encoder DOS window (e.g. LAME.EXE).
  • Rip to a single WAV with a CUE file.
Toast goes in the toaster.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 12:26:35 pm »

Changed: Position slider bar height now selected by the skin.

Thanks a lot!

But (I hope you won't get nightmares from this word someday :P) unfortunately the "mouse capture area" for the <PLAYERBAR> is still fixed to 16 pixels underneath the top of the "Playerbar_SliderVol" image. So the hoover effect of the "Playerbar_SliderVolThumb" and the hoover effect plus the "click on" of the Shuffle-, Continuous- and DSP-Buttons is still affected...

I updated the test skin to fit the new situation:SliderTestSkin2

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 12:41:15 pm »

I originally posted this to the .225 thread but it's still happening in .226:

Getting some strange redrawing behavior in the panes.  MC will work just fine and then I'll go to click on a song title and all of the panes and file info will disappear.  I can drag another window over MC and it will redraw everything but it's pretty garbled.  If i try to click on it again, nothing happens.  Sometimes a second scrollbar will appear above the first and I can scroll the garbage re-draw around.  No matter what view I click on, or whether I minimize and restore, I can't click on anything in panes.  Only restarting the app fixes this.  When I close the app, it crashes.

This just started with .225.  No changes have been made to my video drivers nor do any other programs behave strangely like this.

Not sure if it's a bug or what.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 12:52:56 pm »

Any chance of a different icon for midi files so they can easily be differentiated from audio files in library & playing now??

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 12:59:54 pm »

Column sorting for CD devices doesn't seem to be working.  :'(

I have a DVD-ROM and a DVD Burner. The burner has a 'Sequence' column, which is the primary sorting column, so that one's fine.

The CD-ROM, however, doesn't have a 'Sequence' column available (not really sure of the significance of this) and uses the following sort priorities :- 1 - Artist, 2 - Album, 3 - Track #, 4 - Name.

This works OK for albums by the same artist, but compilations don't get played in the right order. I would have thought that Track # would be the first sort field for CD devices? I can change the sorting on a per CD basis, but the changes aren't persisted :(

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 01:13:27 pm »

Here's a small request:  is there any chance (or currently existing way of which I am unaware) of getting MC to check if the Media Server is up when it is executed?  With all the re-installs I do with new versions, I sometimes forget to activate the Media Server.  It'd be nice if there was an option for MC to check on start-up as well as starting it at system boot.

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2003, 01:34:57 pm »

Request: Allow us to change the category each library field is listed in via the tree and view settings   I've managed to do this so all the fields I need are in the general category.   However, it now seems that this option is greyed out for all fields except custom ones I've created myself.  Can this be changed to be like it was and allow users some control over which fields appear in which category?

Open: If you use the panes (say you select an artist then album) then search, the results are erratic.  It doesn't restrict the results to the selected pane, nor does it find all results for the scheme.  In a previous response I think you implied that it should restrict itself to the selected pane.   Additionally, if you delete the text in the search bar all the panes reset.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2003, 02:46:25 pm »

Still getting that horrible scrolling error.  I will repost the picture.  This is when scrolling in the add rule dialogs for smartlists/searches.  Horizontal scrollbars appear at random!!

Adam

http://www.jriver.com/photos/NoCodeUK/MCERROR.jpg
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2003, 02:48:41 pm »

back when i used media center 9.0.180 I couldn't get the 32 bit setting to ever work. 24 bit worked fine, but neither 32 bit or 4.1 and 5.1 jrss would ever work. I upgraded to i think 9.1.221 or around there, and for some reason 32 bit sound now works. Out of no where it just starts working. I run on ASIO output and im really glad about this development, but I was wondering why that happened and why 4.1 and 5.1 don't work.

What happens when I now adjust my dsp to either 4.1 or 5.1 jrss is the same thing that happened in previous versions when i selected 32 bit. It runs just fine until i play something. Then the window disappears and the program magically shuts down with no warning, error message or anything.

Anyone have any idea why any of this happens?

BTW Im running on an audigy 2 platinum with kx drivers

Media Center Registered 9.1.226 -- G:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2141 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 607 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive H: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2003, 02:50:31 pm »

This sounds just like what I was going to request.  (Be able to show a slide presentation while playing music.

How do I use this new feature??

It's always done that.  Start audio.  Start images.  Switch to playing now.

Please start a new thread if you need help.  Check the other threads here on this.  There's a link in the Instructions thread at the top.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2003, 03:03:58 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.  This bug has been there forever!  

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  

3) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them  
This is an old bug.

3) I also liked selective text for tool bar buttons.

4) Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.  

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.

dragyn

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2003, 03:47:19 pm »

Scollbar Size does not adjust to Windows Settings. I never had this problem when I had the choice to turn off skinning. I have to be able to see them to use them.

Scrollbars flicker in options.

Selective Text is missing for icons. It was there earlier but isn't showing up anymore.

Right-Click key doesn't work in search bar. All the other keys seems to work.

Shift-Insert doesn't work in search bar. (This is the most common way of pasting for me...at least I thought it was.)

<this folder> doesn't show in tree views.

Using large fonts hides the bottom of the player window. Where's my volume slider? How can I adjust the volume when there's no slider?

Media Center Registered 9.1.226 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 47 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

LisaRCT

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 04:00:03 pm »

1- OPEN: I still usually get an error message upon closing MC Windows tates that MC had caused errors and must be closed, restart the program, and that a log is eing generated.  (Said log has not been found so I cannot include a copy.

2- OPEN: Click on a stream link in your playing now,then while MC says it is waiting, click STOP or click another of the various stream links for that station, and MC crashes.

3- ??  um, I will return LOL

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 04:04:12 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Medium
    TV Settings Not Saving
    TV Options/Display/Video settings aren't saving between sessions.  All of the options reset to 0 each time.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2003, 04:26:09 pm »

Send To External Tool doesn't work consistently.

I selected about 276 files, and sent them to Winamp (so I could check out Ryan Geiss' visuals) and about 128 of them made it. The rest were added, but Winamp would start to play one, then jump to another one, etc. Another attempt with the same list of files resulted in about 36 actually being added to Winamp's playlist.

Adding these same files individually works perfectly, so I suspect it has something to do with multiple files being sent.

I tried sending 12 files to Monkey's Audio. MAC wound up crashing.

I realize it's hard to tell if these are MC bugs or Winamp\MAC bugs, so can anybody confirm if they have this working? Or can you guys take a look into it to see if it is your bug?

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2003, 04:34:11 pm »

Hi,

Serious problems:
- When I select some songs and push play button, MC9.1.218 and 219 starts playing all songs in either artist or album group that I clicked last time in tree (if I clicked artist then click songs, it plays all songs under the artist.  if I click artist, album then click songs, it plays all songs under the album).  Please change this to play only songs I selected.
- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.  Unicode didn't sort codes when they put characters, so need to sort them by using some rule based sort routine.  Java has such library like this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vjref98/html/com.ms.wfc.app.Locale.Sort_f.asp. However, there is no such library in C?, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/nls_5jsj.asp.
- Panes should be resizeable.
- Want to disable pane from edit view scheme like we can disable tree.  I can hide pane view, but does it save the CPU time?
- In tree view, we cannot select multiple item by using control/shift key.  Hope this will be available in future.

Not serious:
- MC9.1 smartlist wizard is kind of slow.  I need to wait 9 seconds (it was 14 sec on 217, 7 sec on 213, 25 sec on 202 and 40 sec on 201.  it is longer than 213 now.) to get a wizard window when I choose add artist rule from wizard.  It's beta, so I put this as non serious issue list.
- If I install MC9.1 to new machine, MC9.1 doesn't show window at first execution.  I saw this problem on 198, but never tested it again since need to install OS to test this.
- folder= query is noe filename= query.  Help file is needed to update.

Thanks.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2003, 04:41:56 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
    Cursor Inconsistency
    Put the cursor as if you're going to resize the window from the bottom edge but don't resize.  Move the cursor up to the top of the status bar.  The cursor stays in the "size vertical" mode even though you can no longer click to resize.

No "to All" Buttons
    Was moving some files that overwrote some other files and MC asks for confirmation on each.  There needs to be "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons.

nila

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2003, 04:51:35 pm »

Quote from RemyJ - from the last build:

The original MRU list on the right-click menu never went away.  The one for the Send-To menu just appeared.   If I do Rename Files... it shows up on the main MRU list, if I do a send-to burner, it shows up on both MRU lists.  Maybe your MRUCommandCount got set to 0 or something.  Mine's still at 10 where I set it a while back.

It would seem I'm definitely not the only person who thinks that things are just back into too many sub folders again. Having a count of 10 is BIG.

Is there any point me starting a thread to see who prefered the old right click menu with everything at the top level and easy to access instead of nested into the 'send to' menu or would it not be changed in v9.1 even if the old menu was prefered?

Dont want to stir a riot - just if it's still feasible I'd definitely like to see if the majority would prefer the old menu because I know that I DEFINITELY did.

Also - bug:

Grouping does not work properly for a lot of field items:

File Sizes, Dimensions, Dates, etc - this really needs to be fixed as these working would add a LOT of power!

Also - send to/cd, dvd and handheld, (cd burner) K: - the MRU item for this just says: K: - extremely confusing for newer users - could it at least say:  K: (CD Writer) or something?

RemyJ

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2003, 05:02:48 pm »

It would seem I'm definitely not the only person who thinks that things are just back into too many sub folders again. Having a count of 10 is BIG.

Is there any point me starting a thread to see who prefered the old right click menu with everything at the top level and easy to access instead of nested into the 'send to' menu or would it not be changed in v9.1 even if the old menu was prefered?

Dont want to stir a riot - just if it's still feasible I'd definitely like to see if the majority would prefer the old menu because I know that I DEFINITELY did.

Also - send to/cd, dvd and handheld, (cd burner) K: - the MRU item for this just says: K: - extremely confusing for newer users - could it at least say:  K: (CD Writer) or something?

I don't see what the fuss is.  Maybe I'm a little confused.   I still have the exact same MRU section at the top of the main right-click menu I always had.  The only difference I can find is that I now have an additional one at the top of the Send To sub menu and the MRU send to items show in both.

Do you not still have the main right-click menu MRU list?

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2003, 05:04:14 pm »

Personally, I hated the way it was. The menu was really big, like it was before all the reorganization began, but all of the stuff I felt should be at the top suddenly were buried, and everything else was suddenly at the top.

This newest layout is an improvement, IMO. Although I still find it odd that all of the Edit commands are a layer down. It just breaks all of the right click paradigms I've grown accustomed to to not have the Edit commands in the top level.

Although I can see where having Rating at the top was useful, the graphical ratings kind of eliminate the need for them to be a top level item in the right click menu, IMO. I mean, wasn't easy setting of ratings what we were all demanding graphical ratings for?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2003, 05:16:26 pm »

At first I didn't like the restructuring of the Send To menu but after about 10 minutes, I got accustomed to it.  With the Send To-specific MRU in the Send-To menu, it makes it even easier.

I vote to keep it the way it is now.  In fact, I vote twice because I'm fat.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2003, 05:31:59 pm »

Is there any point me starting a thread to see who prefered the old right click menu ...

No, but thanks for asking.

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2003, 07:33:49 pm »

Here are the issues I have with MC9:

1. Pull-down menus immediately disappear if the mouse strays even one pixel off the menu.  This is annoying, and does not match the behavior of other Windows programs.  I have "Focus follows mouse" turned on in TweakUI in XP, which probably contributes to this.

2. If I type the Search box and press Enter, it immediately replaces Playing Now with the results of the search.  Please don't do this!  I can't train myself not to press enter out of habit.  Why should that replace PN?

3. Most Important: Please don't forget the enhancements to Automation SDK that I posted to the Developer forum link: http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=dev;action=display;num=1056513647   Some of these are really important, especially passing an argument to Play() to gain access ot all the selections in the "Add to Playing Now" sub-menu, including Remove. Also a CMJCurPlaylist.RemoveDuplicates() method, a way to set the current view filter, and a way to set smartlist search strings.  I am counting on you!

Thanks for the most powerful music program on the planet.

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2003, 07:53:36 pm »

DVD playback still doesn't work. :'(

Is anyone else having this problem or is this something I need to sort out myself?

Media Center Registered 9.1.226 -- D:\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1817 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 319 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
Media Server crash!
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2003, 07:59:36 pm »

I get a repeatable application error and media server crashes.

1 Launch Media Server.
2 Go to Settings->Options.
3 Select OK on the Options Window.
4 Select Yes when prompted to restart Media Server.

Here is the debug information from Windows:

Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      Application Error
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      1000
Date:            7/31/2003
Time:            10:46:47 PM
User:            N/A
Computer:      XXXXXXXX
Description:
Faulting application media server.exe, version 1.0.177.0, faulting module media server.exe, version 1.0.177.0, fault address 0x0003212e.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6d 65 64   ure  med
0018: 69 61 20 73 65 72 76 65   ia serve
0020: 72 2e 65 78 65 20 31 2e   r.exe 1.
0028: 30 2e 31 37 37 2e 30 20   0.177.0
0030: 69 6e 20 6d 65 64 69 61   in media
0038: 20 73 65 72 76 65 72 2e    server.
0040: 65 78 65 20 31 2e 30 2e   exe 1.0.
0048: 31 37 37 2e 30 20 61 74   177.0 at
0050: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20    offset
0058: 30 30 30 33 32 31 32 65   0003212e
0060: 0d 0a                     ..      

Here is my system information:

Intel Pentium III 997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 581 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008\) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008\)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX140E     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No

ZRocker

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2003, 08:33:50 pm »

Bugs:
1. Tab key does not work when using in-place editing of tag data...when you have more than one track selected (multiple file editing at once).  You should be able to tab to the next field to be edited (like you can when only one file is highlighted).

2. The keyboard navigation of columns in View Schemes (panes above track data) is screwy.  You can use the left and right arrows to navigate to the various columns, MC does not navigate to the currently selected item (row) in the destination column (always goes to <all>).  Then, when you press the up or down arrow, MC remembers where it should have been and moves you up or down based on the last remembered selected item (row).  Also, if you press the left arrow while in the left-most column or the right arrow while in the right-most column, MC resets the current selection(s)...try it with more that one row selected in any column too.

3. Can't disable the Directory Rule for Output File Location (in File Naming & Location options)...blank is not accepted and reverts to original setting.  You can put a single space char in there and it saves it, but I bet MC will try to create a directory with a single space in the name (and probably fail...didn't try it to find out).

4. The statistics displayed at the bottom on the Content window when Playing Now is selected does NOT display the sum of all tracks in the list if one is selected (only when all or none are selected).  This has been changed in the past and, in the end, reverted back to MJ 7, MJ 8 and MC 9 behaviour...can we have in back in MC 9.1? Or, at least, a user settable option for how 'we' want it (either way)?

5. Options dialog have incorrect tab orders (noticed on File Naming & Location...you can't tab into the bottom two edit boxes).

6. Using '|' vertical bars in Customize Display scripts causes MC to freak and reset each entry to some internal (short) defaults.

7. The tab key does not work on some dialogs (like Customize Display...you can't get to the edit boxes without using the mouse & clicking them).

8. The File Properites (docked) button bar at the bottom keeps disappearing...you have to move the mouse of the FP windows to get it back...paints funny too if you cover it with another apps window and return to MC.

jleerigby

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2003, 10:04:07 pm »

Dragyn
Shift-Insert doesn't work in search bar. (This is the most common way of pasting for me...at least I thought it was.)
Personally I've always used Ctrl+V to paste and this still works in search bar.
4. The statistics displayed at the bottom on the Content window when Playing Now is selected does NOT display the sum of all tracks in the list if one is selected (only when all or none are selected).  This has been changed in the past and, in the end, reverted back to MJ 7, MJ 8 and MC 9 behaviour...can we have in back in MC 9.1? Or, at least, a user settable option for how 'we' want it (either way)?
Yes, please!  Can't understand why that was changed.  Once you've selected a pane and a single item in the track listing you have to navigate away and back to get the number of tracks.  9.1 is really shaping up now and I can think of very few things I'd want to change but you've just reminded me of one of them.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2003, 10:53:21 pm »

that would be cool thanks ;)... specialy with a MIDI icon and ability to tag it
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2003, 11:25:42 pm »

It would be very cool if MC supported Windows XP menu shadows.. that would help with skinning alot..
thanks for all the good work..
Tamer

nila

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2003, 11:54:32 pm »

Keyboard navigation - tab takes u from the tree to the panes but how do u then get to the list below the panes?

I was expecting tab to cycle through the tree, each pane one by one, the bottom list and maybe also even the properties window. Thats pretty much standard windows behavior - for tab to take you through each area on a program.

wuub

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mes Pingouins Aiment MC
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2003, 01:48:10 am »

Hi,

i don't know if it's only on my machine but ...

On multiple files selection the file info pane only updates the first item selected. I have to select tracks one by one to get the full selection...
good luck !

Media Center Registered 9.1.226 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 2078 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 916 MB, Free - 632 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R1002   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2003, 02:10:33 am »

Keyboard navigation - tab takes u from the tree to the panes but how do u then get to the list below the panes?

I was expecting tab to cycle through the tree, each pane one by one, the bottom list and maybe also even the properties window. Thats pretty much standard windows behavior - for tab to take you through each area on a program.

I agree with this also. Tab needs to go between all 3 to allow true selection of music. Simple

Pink Waters

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2003, 03:48:57 am »

some bug that i noticed from a long time ago is that the hover effect for frames is not working... even if its hover pic is added!
Tamer

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2003, 03:59:28 am »

Here are the issues I have with MC9:

1. Pull-down menus immediately disappear if the mouse strays even one pixel off the menu.  This is annoying, and does not match the behavior of other Windows programs.  I have "Focus follows mouse" turned on in TweakUI in XP, which probably contributes to this.

Are you sure you're using the latest build? I can move my mouse to other side of the screen and the menu stays right where it is. This is MC9.1, not MC9. What version are you using?

2. If I type the Search box and press Enter, it immediately replaces Playing Now with the results of the search.  Please don't do this!  I can't train myself not to press enter out of habit.  Why should that replace PN?

Again, are you using the latest build? This was changed some time ago.

LisaRCT

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2003, 06:30:37 am »

No "to All" Buttons
    Was moving some files that overwrote some other files and MC asks for confirmation on each.  There needs to be "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons.

I SECOND the motion

(actually I brought that up previously but , I am only a girl so nobody listened)    :P

LOL

. . ..  that was humor rather than sarcasm,
for those who didn't notice

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2003, 06:45:58 am »

When using imported playlist if i go to skip a song it crashes, if i go to playing now it crashes, if i do nothing it plays . never had this before :-/

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2003, 11:12:56 am »

CONFIRMED, DUPLICATABLE BUGS/ISSUES ON MY SYSTEM:
1. In 'hairstyle' mode, when selecting a TV channel it plays channel 'n/a'. Trying to change channels in the lower menu bar switches between the last channel in my tuner list and channel 'n/a', regardless of which channel I had selected. I have to right-click the display and manually select a channel there to reset the tuner. After this, everything functions normally until I try again from hairstyle. This doesn't happen in Mega-Me by the way.

2. I think someone else has this, but music crossfading is not functioning correctly in ASIO mode. Song 1 fades out, but song 2 just abruptly starts as if set for gapless playing. On some occasion, it will crossfade somewhat, but only about 1-2 seconds. Oddly this does not happen if you double-click another file in the playlist: this will usually crossfade just fine. Confirmed this in multiple formats.

3. I have a complilation album from various artists and 'Rename from file properties' with folder options does not rename & move the file like it used to, at least with regards to multiple artist albums. It simply keeps whatever folder structure it was in for the individual artist, creating new subfolders with the new album name, etc.

4. Some of my VHQ VBR mp3's are being shown as 32kbps bitrate and about 7 times the length in time. Not sure if this was from encoding or MC's decoding. Files play fine, but cause false alarms with CD times when writing CDs, requiring manual length calculation. Anyone else seeing this?

5. When a music CD is inserted with Audio CD action set to 'play', it will instead play whatever is selected currently in panes view, replacing the current playlist. If Rip is selected manually, functioning occurs as expected. Haven't tried with autorip yet.

6. 'Enable Startup Volume'option isn't functioning correctly (actually, beyond setting wave/mp3 to max, it doesn't function at all). I am using Creative Sound Mixer v3.00.57 (w/ Theme Engine v1.00.54) instead of Windows' CPL if it makes any difference, but I duplicated the behavior without Creative software running. Happens in ASIO and Direct Sound modes.

7. Streaming mp3 audio via http crashes media core, leaving a repetitive sound fragment in audio buffer in an endless loop. Example url is http://www.live365.com/play/265066 -- Also happens when playing MIDI files through HTTP, albeit inconsistently.

FEATURE REQUESTS/OPTIMIZATIONS:
1. In the filelist pane, the last field on the right (filename by default) always runs off the right side of the pane. Trying to expand the width of the field with the mouse to read the entire field is a pain, for it only widens a few pixels at a time.

2. When inserting bitrate info into filename during CD ripping, it inserts 1440 from the CD source. Is there any way to have it insert the final compressed bitrate? There are some cases where this is handy and it saves having to retag a CD.

3. When selecting a TV channel, MC adds all channels to the 'Playing Now' list. If one then opens any media file out of Windows Explorer, it appends the file to the end of the TV channels in playing now, after which it will bounce back up to the top and try playing TV channels. Any way to change this behavior? Perhaps clear the play list when TV is stopped?

SUNDRIES NEEDING ATTENTION AT SOME POINT:
1. Splash screen still reads 9.0

Intel Pentium 4 2516 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 329 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

[07 Aug 2003, rev 5]
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2003, 11:14:35 am »

tried burning an MP3 cd this morning and got the error:

"The Parameter is Incorrect"

i havent come seen this in other builds, but it may be something i did...?

Media Center Registered 9.1.226 -- Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1792 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB
Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2003, 01:15:35 pm »

Minor but important stuff...

1)
When encoding to ogg the extension is capitalized...OGG. Makes it look like my files are shouting at me, and it hurts my feelings. This quirk has been around since JR started using the Vorbis V1 encoder in MJ8.

2)
What happened to the channel info (like mono, stereo, etc.) and sampling rate (to name a few) that are displayed in MJ's property sheet but not in MC's?

10-27

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2003, 02:08:54 pm »

History:

Bug: This is not working correctly :-/.

Currently I have to reset my images every time a video file plays from my "playing now" file.  You also can't change mode when displaying out to a second display (TV).

MC needs an Image option menu to setup defaults for image playback.  I would like to setup images to play with all mpg3 files and have the ability to add in my mpg music videos.

A great feature in the option menu would be a "random" selection between images and visualization for audio. ;D

Pink Waters

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2003, 02:21:16 pm »

i have just noticed something that some text lists like the one in the skins selection menu .. when you click of an skin name .. enabling to rename the field!!(for sure nothing happens if you tried to rename:))
Tamer

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2003, 03:23:48 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/08/01  Priority: Low
    Slider Button Off-center
    The position slider button is a little too low on the default PixOS skin.

wuub

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mes Pingouins Aiment MC
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2003, 03:54:49 pm »

HI Again,

1 - Could MC9.1 File "Properties From Files Name" be case sensitive ? Like if you put [ARTIST] instead of [Artist] it will put it in capital letters ?

2 - Could MC be integrated to the taskbar ?

3 - Could the right click last used functions list more than one item maybe not 3 but two would be nice ?

Still love it any way !
Thanx for a great player and manager !
LisaRCT > Nice One  ;)

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2003, 05:12:45 pm »

Can we please have the duration "total" back... please.
I like knowing how much music time I have playing.
Can you also make it hour/min/secs just like it was in 9.0.

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2003, 07:57:25 pm »

I've been getting a runtime error as Media Center installs, and also now if I try to play WMV files.

"this program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way, please contact the applications support team for more information"

Media Center Registered 9.1.226 -- E:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 697 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 256 MB
Resource Info: System - 20 %, GDI - 57 %, User - 20 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     CD-RW  CRX100E     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

nila

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2003, 12:21:19 am »

Burning doesn't seem to work. Screen to burn comes up as if it's about to start. The information box goes white (no repainting and so does the windows task bar) then it just sits there.

Media Center Registered 9.1.225 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1666 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 450 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive J: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive K: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2003, 12:22:28 am »

Hi! I know you haven't heard from me in a while, but I'm still around...  :P

A few issues:

• Grouping view schemes using numeric values such as file size or replay gain do not work as expected. I imagine (but haven't tested) that dates are similarly defunct?
  • I do know that there were requests to have ALL the available options for when you are in tagging mode. Do you think, though, that FILTERING RULES that are applied to the view scheme, or higher up the view scheme heirarchy can be obeyed? EG: If I am editing Photographic "Artists" (ie: photographers), I do not want to see music artists as part of this list.
  • I am perhaps an exception, but I have earphones plugged into my "rear speakers" line out and desktop speakers in my "front speakers". Is it not possible to have a list of audio settings that can be quickly changed (ie: similar to ZONES, but with a common playlist)?

I think that is all for now!

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up