INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mouse lag while changing Volume  (Read 3214 times)

defenz0r

Mouse lag while changing Volume
« on: July 03, 2016, 08:31:14 am »

Hi,

having mouse lag while changing volume. Did set max Volume to 75.
It doesn't change on a blank Windows 10 OS.

http://sendvid.com/9jun42az

Try it yourself, set max volume to 75 in JRiver and do the same. You have that Mouse lag.

Using latest version of mc

PC Specs

I7-2600k
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X UD3H
nvidia gtx 770
Windows 10 Professional x64
SSD, 120GB

Tested on safe mode, on different PC's same result. Will continuing posting those comprehensible problems.
Wont post a log of all processes being opened, this is not of relevance since i did run the same test on different systems.

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mouse lag while changing Volume
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:15 am »

In jriver there are a few ways to change the volume of whatever you have playing.  Are you trying to change the application volume, the system volume,   or are you changing the volume of an external device through the remote control feature?  Are you using jrivers wdm driver or some other audio playback device?  Have you tried changing any of these settings in order to narrow the problem down to some specific circumstance.  When you say lag do you mean the mouse jumps around on your screen or is the mouse slow to respond to your commands

RD James

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 11:01:40 am »

You probably have Volume Protection enabled, which limits the rate of change.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 11:09:17 am »

Try it yourself, set max volume to 75 in JRiver and do the same. You have that Mouse lag.

i did, and have no lag or any other issues. 

RDJames is probably correct, enabling volume protection does indeed slow things down when adjusting volume.  as it is supposed to.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 11:24:42 am »

Also, it seems like you are using System Volume. That's the lowest quality option available.  Consider switching to Internal Volume instead.

Brian.

defenz0r

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 11:30:14 am »

Did change it now to internal. Still the same issue.
https://gyazo.com/5ca14048ca0e295f97bb162fe2632e8f

But it wasnt my plan to change application volume

If i dont have Volume limit enabled, it doesnt lag.
The Reason why i enabled it, was reading "Set your windows volume slightly below 100% for better audio quality."
Limiting Windows Volume with JRiver was my plan.

Why is it supposed to slow my mouse down? This doesnt make any sense!!
Why is it supposed to let the mouse hop?

Just define in the JRiver Program that if you select maximum volume to 75 the slider cant go above 75.
There is no need to slow down mouse or prevent mouse from anything. Please explain that.

If i want to change Volume inside JRiver the mouse hasn't to lag.
Wheres the idea in just let my mouse hopping around?

Its true i use remote software at the moment. But it isnt relevant since the problem persists without and on different systems.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 11:40:54 am »

The Reason why i enabled it, was reading "Set your windows volume slightly below 100% for better audio quality."

I don't think there's any truth to that.  Setting internal volume to 75% *definitely* doesn't increase sound quality.  Windows system volume at less than 100% shouldn't do anything good.  It can only do bad.

I would set Windows Volume to 100%, and use Internal Volume to adjust if necessary.  This all assumes that you don't have an external volume control on a receiver, headphone amp, etc.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 11:41:47 am »

Why is it supposed to let the mouse hop?

But it doesn't do this for me, or them.  This is NOT a global issue.  Stop acting like it is please

defenz0r

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 11:50:24 am »

I don't think there's any truth to that.  Setting internal volume to 75% *definitely* doesn't increase sound quality.  Windows system volume at less than 100% shouldn't do anything good.  It can only do bad.

I would set Windows Volume to 100%, and use Internal Volume to adjust if necessary.  This all assumes that you don't have an external volume control on a receiver, headphone amp, etc.

Brian.

Thanks for that. I have an external Volume control.

Using an O2 ODAC Revision A. Have to use DirectSound because other options let the FPS in Games drop.
If you dont believe let it be. Proved already that the ODAC Rev A is responsible for it.
There is only WDM native Driver for rev a. There is no ASIO compatibility.
WASAPI, KS, ASIO4all dont work for me. I think its because bad I/O optimization of the USB Controller of REV A Odac.

But soon i can tell if that has changed in rev B.

Why i should stop acting like it is a Problem for the common?
Im unsure about what to tell you, but if i can see this happening to multiple PC's what else should i think about it?

If you test 6 PC with different OS and different Configurations with the same problem, what would you think?
Maybe the Problem just hasn't reported much.

RD James

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 12:15:53 pm »

Maximum Volume is not the same thing as Volume Protection. You can use one without the other.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume#Volume_Protection

defenz0r

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 12:54:41 pm »

Then the German Version of JRiver is not correct translated.

I can read "Lautstaerkebegrenzung", which means to limit the Volume to a certain degree.

If it would be called "Lautstaerkeschutz" or much better "Schutz vor zu hoher Lautstaerke" it would contain protection which would be more accurate.

The translation was the culprit of the confusion. Please fix that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up