INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading EPG data  (Read 1993 times)

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
Loading EPG data
« on: July 03, 2016, 11:22:34 pm »

I have MC set up to use the default EPG data source. Whenever I manually refresh the program guide via TV Options, the mc2xml text console window pops up multiple times, and each time, the mc2xml options dialog appears and has to be clicked on to proceed. Is there any way to make this happen more automatically?

Also, after the mc2xml window finally goes away (after the last click), MC itself will sometimes complain that the guide info could not be loaded. Then I have to go through it all over again...

aimhere

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Loading EPG data
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 09:20:40 pm »

What you described most likely can be explained by the guide data source having no new data.  In GUI mode, if mc2xml could not get correct data, we delete its configuration file and retry it (up to 3 times).  That is why you get mc2xml popups asking for your locale and lineup information.

When not in GUI mode, guide loading simply silently fails if mc2xml could not get new data.  This is not necessarily an error.  When MC tries again at the next scheduled time, maybe new data will be available and will be downloaded.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up