INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art not showing for TV shows  (Read 1944 times)

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover Art not showing for TV shows
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:40 pm »

In theater view, for some reason the cover art shows for movies, and when I click on a TV show, it also shows the coverart for each season, but nothing shows for the TV show as a whole.  i.e. after starting JRiver (21) and clicking video, then shows - all I see are icons of a camera, after I click the camera icon above "The Big Bang Theory" for example, it'll then show the proper cover art for all seasons.
any idea. it was showing fine before, not sure what happened.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art not showing for TV shows
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 12:42:47 am »

If I understand you right, the Cover Art for TV program Series isn't showing, but the Cover Art for Seasons is showing, and I assume for Episodes as well.

First, since it used to work, check if the Series Cover Arts files are still there on disk. They probably are. If you have left Cover Art in the default location you will find the Series Cover Art in;
"C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art\Series".

If you have change the location that Cover Art is stored, the setting to check is at "Options>File Location>Cover Art>Folder".

If the image files are still in the correct location, then it is likely that the Thumbnails for you Cover Art have been corrupted or messed up, and you may need to rebuild them. That may take some time, but if you want to do that just go to;
"C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Thumbnails"
and delete everything in that directory. Then select all files in your library, right click on them and select "Cover Art>Rebuild Thumbnail". The Thumbnails will also be rebuilt automatically once MC notices they are missing, but that may take some time.

Alternately, you could right click on a Series icon in Standard View, and select "Cover Art>Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory", which swill find the image files for  the Episode Cover Art, and may find the images for the Series and Season, and update the Thumbnails for all. Maybe. Certainly the Episode art is updated this way.

Alternately, you could right click on a Series icon in Standard View, and select "Cover Art>Get From Internet" which will download new Cover Art for the Series and Season, which will also update the Thumbnails.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Cover Art not showing for TV shows
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 07:22:46 am »

bingo - thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up