INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dvd vob files problems  (Read 4659 times)

saintkrusher

• Recent member
dvd vob files problems
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:45:02 am »

Hi everyone
I can not play the vob media files in JRiver. I have some full DVD files and they don't play. Shown the massage: Something went wrong with playback. In VLC play no problem. Any suggestions?

saintkrusher

• Recent member
Re: dvd vob files problems
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:51:01 am »

no play any video files :-(

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:39:49 am »

VOBs from commercial DVDs are encrypted (Copy Protection or DRM).  MC for Mac doesn't support encrypted video files of any type.

MC for Mac *does* play pretty much every non-encrypted format I've ever seen:  AVI, FLV, MP4, MKV, and just about every CODEC I've ever thrown at it too.

VOBs tie you to a platform that can decrypt the contents.  I would advise you to convert your VOB files to MKV or another unencrypted format.  MakeMKV works with ISO files as well as real disks.  It also works on Video_TS structures (the directory containing all of the VOBs, IFOs, etc.), so if you have the whole structure, MakeMKV can convert it, losslessly, to an MKV, which will have no encryption.

Once you have MKVs, MC and many many other players can read and play your videos.

Brian.

saintkrusher

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:16:15 am »

I installed latest version 21.0.90 and i can not add to the library any video files, nothing. Any suggestions about best video setup in player (configuration).

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 07:10:48 am »

^ Ok, so 21.0.90 has a bug that adds all Video files as Data instead.  Since you've imported some number of files this way, even when you upgrade to 21.0.91, you still won't be able to import *those* video files because they are in the library already.  You just don't see them because they are under "Documents" (which is where Data type files go).

You can change the type of these files to Video and then they will be under Video where they are supposed to be.  Go to Documents in the tree on the left.  Find your files.  Highlight all files.  Open the Tag Action Window (Edit > Tag).  Find the Media Type field (near the top).  Change that to Video.  Press enter to save.

Now switch back to Video and you should see all of your Video files that you imported.  Except for the unsupported VOB, IFO, etc like we discussed.

Going forward, if you are using 21.0.91, you shouldn't have to do anything special.  MC should import Video correctly and show it in the proper place.

Brian.

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 08:26:49 am »

Is the problem that you cannot import video files, play video files, or both? Could you try enabling logging, try to import some different videos and play different videos and then post the log here? If you need instructions on logging, you can find the instructions here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logging

saintkrusher

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 12:36:17 pm »

Both, even can not play any video files

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 01:08:17 pm »

By chance, are you using a Bluetooth Audio device for playback?

If the audio configuration is "wrong", Video files won't play at all.  Video files' audio is different because they are mostly 48kHz, 6 channel, as opposed to audio files which are normally 44.1kHz 2 channel.

If so we can certainly reconfigure the DSP Studio to handle the audio correctly.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up