INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install on new PC is not finding files to import  (Read 1842 times)

jphilpit

• Recent member
Install on new PC is not finding files to import
« on: July 07, 2016, 09:45:24 am »

I am setting up a new laptop. I downloaded JRiver MC 21 and installed the license code. I went into the dialog to import library folders and selected the 2 folders where I have a total play time of about 60 days worth of FLAC files. My list of audio file types includes .FLAC. No files are being imported. I tried both importing them immediately and doing an auto import with its countdown clock. After several attempts, there are still 0 files in my library.

Note that the files are on an external D: drive that used to be attached to my previous PC. I simply moved the USB3 cable from the old PC to the new one. I can see all the files in File Explorer, so I know that they can been seen.

I've been using JRiver Media Center for several years, so I think I know my way around the UI.

Note that I have not yet configured my DLNA or Media Player settings on this new laptop, but I'm assuming the library import doesn't need any of that.

Is there something else I need to do before importing my FLAC files.

Thanks,
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Install on new PC is not finding files to import
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:26 am »

Maybe try dragging and dropping from Explorer into MC.  That way the filenames are sure to come through.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:27:23 am »

Daft question have you set up the import configure to see Audio files, from memory you have check boxes for audio video and image

Mike

jphilpit

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 12:10:44 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions. It turns out it was a permissions issue on the folders in the file system. It's working fine now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up