INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Category Not Showing  (Read 2103 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
View Category Not Showing
« on: July 07, 2016, 04:29:44 pm »

Hello,

I've had this issue for a while and never bothered to explain it all out to try to fix it.  I have a custom view setup that drives something like this:

Artist > Tour > Date > Recording Source > Type (16 bit/ 24 bit) > Tracks. 

I have the same view setup for Theatre View and it works just fine, but in the standard view, it doesn't show the Source part as I think it should.  The first three levels work great and they're based off of library fields.  The 4th and 5th levels are RegEx fields:

Source: regex([Filename (path)], /#\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}\.(.+?)\.flac\d+#/, 1)
Type: removeright(ListItem([Filename (path)],math(listCount([filename (path)],.)-1),.),1)

I've attached screenshots of what I see at the different levels.  When I get to that Source level, it displays the Artist Name, not the RegEx that I've built.  In Theatre View, it shows the source as I expect.  Am I missing something?  Thanks!

blgentry

Re: View Category Not Showing
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 04:57:43 pm »

I would try your regex as a custom field in MC's database, then build the views based on the fields.  May or may not change things, but that's what I'd try.

Brian.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 10:36:00 am »

I would try your regex as a custom field in MC's database, then build the views based on the fields.  May or may not change things, but that's what I'd try.

Brian.

Originally I had thought against doing that simply because of the size and duplication, but I guess you may be right.  For one artist, I'm looking at 67k files that would need to be updated.  Obviously I can just apply the update to all files at once, but that data is then going to reside somewhere in the library.  Seems unnecessary when MC can calculate it on the fly.

That does in fact work (when it's actually a library field).  Thanks!

--Ryan

EDIT:  That's weird....  It worked when I built a new view like this one and added the Source field, but when I changed this view to use a library field instead of the expression, it did the same thing.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 11:35:52 am »

Does it depend on the type of view I choose in the original "New View" dialog?  I chose Album & Artist, then customized it and got nothing at each level except the name of the Artist.  Then I went back and chose to make a new view from the Artist (small with files) and it's working at all levels.  A bit confusing to me, but at least it's now display like I expect it to. 

Thanks!

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 06:40:52 pm »

I'm not sure what's going on with the things you are reporting.  But I'm glad that you have a working solution.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up