INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no audio from MC21  (Read 2958 times)

scottellison

no audio from MC21
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:17:13 pm »

I recently downloaded MC21 and imported some wav files but I don't have audio within the program.  I am running a mac book pro, with OSX El Capitan.  The audio still works in all other programs and within system preferences/sounds so there are NO other audio issues with the rest of the computer, the problem is isolated to the MC21 software only.  I have run through ALL of the audio trouble shooting on the wiki help page, none of this has helped.  I have played with the settings in DSP Studio, also without any luck.

When I click 'play' on the track, the track plays, the song counter moves and I can see the audiograph oscillating up and down as if the device were playing music...but no audio.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: no audio from MC21
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:13:27 am »

What sound device are you using?  Have you selected that device in Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device?

Is the volume on MC turned up to 100%?  Look in the upper left corner.

Brian.

scottellison

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 10:37:10 am »

Just using headphones at the moment, have also tried Blue tooth speakers.  In both cases I have selected the device as you suggest but this doesn't make a difference.  And yes, the volume is all the way up in MC, on the computer and on the device.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:08:43 pm »

Try setting some audio options:  Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device settings
Device >
Open with exclusive access > (uncheck)
Integer mode > (uncheck)
Channel Offset > 0

Buffering >
Software > 250mS
Hardware > hardware default

Then click OK on everything.  Quit MC and restart it and test again.

If that doesn't make any difference please take a screen shot with audio playing.  Go to Player > Audio Path, and with that dialog showing, take a screen shot.  Using <Command><shift>4 will let you select an area of the screen with your mouse and will save it to a file on your desktop, which you can attach here.

Brian.

scottellison

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:48:44 pm »

I tried all that and there wasn't any difference.  However, I Figured it out.  I assumed it was something stupid and it was.  After you change the 'audio device', the music has to be actually stopped for changes to take effect.  There is a *footnote on the options page telling you this but I missed it.  I was changing the device and clicking 'okay' but not physically stopping play.  This made the difference, I can now get audio where I need it.  Many thanks for your assistance Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 07:09:54 am »

I'm glad you got it working.  :)

Any time you change audio device options in MC, I recommend that you actually QUIT MC and restart it.  That way you're very sure that everything has been reset and the new options are being used.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up