INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with a Galaxy S5 Sync  (Read 3689 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Problems with a Galaxy S5 Sync
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:24:58 pm »

I just got a new computer after the old one's hard drive died and ended up losing my Google Drive's Handheld device/folder that I used to sync to my phone via the Foldersync app. I decided I'd try to use MC to sync directly to the phone since a recent Foldersync update has made syncing problematic (not playing nice with Google Drive, it seems). Now I remember why I went to the app in the first place. Here are the problems I'm running into, and I'm wondering if any solution(s) have been found, as I couldn't find much new in searching the forums:

1. When I plug the phone back into the computer after a sync and after a "Remove Device," it doesn't seem to be recognized as the same device by MC; thus, I have to redo all the Options again. This even happened after the initial successful sync noted below.

2. I successfully synced one time, but afterwards, when I clicked "Recheck Sync," all the ogg and m4a files were "In Queue," even though they were on the device. Most of my audio library is in FLAC/APE, but I have a few Oggs and iTunes files mixed in. In terms of the Options, I have Supported Types as mp3, m4a, ogg, mp4, jpg, and aac; everything else gets converted to mp3 V0 "Extreme." I tried syncing these again, and though some uploaded, many came back with "Error" during/after the sync, and eventually MC just hung about halfway through the queue.

3. On the phone, I'm using MTP and USB Debugging is enabled.  The phone is also rooted, if that makes any difference.

For the 2nd sync in number 2 above, I attached a zipped log. 

I know these are old issues (I even wrote a post about related ones way back when I had a Galaxy S3). 

Thanks for any help!

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problems with a Galaxy S5 Sync
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 05:18:20 pm »

Update: I decided to just go back to a folder on a local drive (i.e., not my Google Drive) and drag-and-drop to my phone's sd card in Windows Explorer. All is well with the sync except m4a files, which will upload to the folder, show as "On Device" after, but then end up back in the queue when I re-check the sync. Seems like a similar issue to the one I reported about a year and a half ago here and now with a different PC: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94933.msg653893#msg653893.

I've done/checked everything there again.  The Conversion Cache is disabled, and I tried putting the Database path on the desktop, though MC seems to be writing it to the drive in an odd "C_" folder (and the address to the desktop is correct in the Handheld Sync options, under Database path, as I "Copied Address" from the folder itself).  And as I said above, m4a files are Supported Types. Weird and confounding.

I attached another log. Thanks for any help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up