INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: error registering new license  (Read 987 times)

ddaro

• Recent member
error registering new license
« on: August 06, 2003, 07:52:02 pm »

I just purchased a license for mc9 and when I attempt to activate it I get the message: "Error restoring Media Center license: License file is past expiration date".

Please don't direct me to the faq, I've been there and followed those instructions.

The trial I had downloaded had expired. Using the mc9 option to buy the product I made the purchase using mozilla and had problems. This would seem to be a known problem. I then used IE and attempted to restore from the web. I got the same error message noted above. I then tried to restore from email. I received the .mjr file as an attachment. I saved it. I then double clicked on it, got the same message noted above. I also tried the option to restore from a file, pointed to the .mjr file and again the same message.

During the course of this I've used up about 4 or 5 of my restore options thinking I had a bad file. I thought that by getting it again it might work, nothing has helped. I even uninstalled,  downloaded it again and installed again, always the same error message. So after wasting about 4 or 5 restores I have still to get mc9 registered.

Could support PLEASE give me instructions that will work so I can get this thing activated.

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: error registering new license
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 09:44:26 pm »

Make sure your system time is accurate, particularly the date.

If it's not that, then I don't know (not that I need to since I'm no one official or anything :)).

Omni

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: error registering new license
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 06:49:00 am »

What he said - check your system date.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up