INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make MC forget album information?  (Read 2376 times)

bjo885

How to make MC forget album information?
« on: July 08, 2016, 04:49:09 am »

When I put some of my CDs into my computer for the first time, MC asks me to choose one of several possible name/track list profiles for that CD (from an online database lookup, presumably).  It then saves this choice of "album identification," so that even if I remove the CD and put it back into the drive, MC will recognize the album-name-and-tracklist profile as the one I selected.  But my question is: how do I make MC forget my choice?  Basically, for some albums I realize after selecting a name/tracklist profile that said profile is incorrect or undesirable for some reason, and I'd like to change it to another one.  Is there a way to make MC forget my choice, or better yet, to simply change an album's information profile after I've already selected one or even ripped the tracks?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to make MC forget album information?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:44:00 am »

I think you have to manually delete the entries from MC's (local) CD database.

The only way I know to show it, is to build a custom view and in the Modify Results section of Set Rules for file display, select limit database to CD.

Then you'll have a view that shows all of the cached CD information.  You can delete the entries from that view.  But in my testing I did a minute ago, I had to delete the entries twice.  The first time just flashed and the entries were still there.  The next time I deleted an album from this area, it "stuck" and went away for good.

I'm not super experienced with this part of MC as I rip with an external program.  But I think this is the correct procedure.

Brian.

bjo885

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 02:55:59 am »

I followed the steps you indicated, but all it seemed to do was create a new "view" called "Albums copy" that contained all of the same things that my "Albums" view had, but without album art.  Where exactly can I locate the cached CD information?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 07:30:20 am »

I think you're seeing the cached CD information.  Double click an album to see the files.  Then hover over one of the files and look at the file name.  If the file name is something like CDDA1.wav, that's the cached CD entry.

You can change that view to a Panes view if you'd like which might make browsing for the album you are looking for a little easier.  Just Customize View and choose Panes instead of Categories.  Rearrange the panes as you'd like.

Like I said, in my testing, I had to delete an entry twice before it actually disappeared.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up