INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - how to enable Volume Leveling and Cross Fading  (Read 2077 times)

gibsonsg6

JRemote - how to enable Volume Leveling and Cross Fading
« on: July 08, 2016, 02:00:00 pm »

I've been using JRemote on my Android phone for about 2 weeks now.  When playing back on the phone ("This device") I haven't been able to find a way to enable Volume Leveling or Cross Fading.  These features are important to me.  The settings within the app don't seem to include any way to turn them on.  Can they be turned on from the MC server side somehow?  If not, is there another Android app I should consider that would enable me to playback my MC library of music playlists on my phone with Volume Leveling and Cross Fading supported?

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - how to enable Volume Leveling and Cross Fading
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 06:47:22 am »

You can activate the settings in the DSP to run over DLNA

Go to Options> Media Network> 4 down ... Add and Configure DLNA servers

In that dialog for audio Select Specified Audio Output , that gives you access to the DSP settings

That should do it

Beware though it will probably apply any other DSP settings that you have set like transcoding

Mike

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - how to enable Volume Leveling and Cross Fading
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 07:15:30 am »

A.  I'm relatively certain that JRemote's 'Play Here' feature does not use the DLNA engine and will ignore the DSP settings you set there.

B.  For DLNA clients, those DSP settings in that section are totally separate from the DSP settings you have set for each of your zones.  Every zone, including DLNA has isn't own independent DSP.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up