INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multichannel DSF - Help  (Read 1737 times)

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
Multichannel DSF - Help
« on: July 09, 2016, 11:23:26 pm »

Alright, so I have files which are DSF, 64-Bit and Multichannel.  My DAC does not do DSF, so I am trying to get these to play as PCM multichannel.

Any suggestions?  I am already using the DSP to take these down to 176k, but can not change 64-bit to 24-bit.

Suggestions?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multichannel DSF - Help
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 02:57:40 am »

MC will automatically reduce the bitdepth to the highest supported by your device during playback. You don't need to do anything manually for that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Re: Multichannel DSF - Help
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 09:33:45 am »

Alright, so I have files which are DSF, 64-Bit and Multichannel.  My DAC does not do DSF, so I am trying to get these to play as PCM multichannel.

Any suggestions?  I am already using the DSP to take these down to 176k, but can not change 64-bit to 24-bit.

Suggestions?

You are misunderstanding DSD.  By definition, its bit depth is exactly one bit, no more no less.  Only PCM has bit depth. There is something called DSD64, which is the common, basic form of DSD used on SACD.  But, the 64 refers to its multiple of the RBCD 44.1k sampling rate, not the bit depth, which is still one bit.  DSD128 is twice that sampling rate at 1 bit/sample, etc.

I use DSP Studio to convert DSD on the fly from DSF files to either 88 or 176k, which are also integer multiples of the RBCD sampling rate.  It works fine, sounds terrific and it allows me to use DSP features like bass management and Dirac Room EQ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up