INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Dream JRiver Media Center would  (Read 2044 times)

redonion

• Recent member
My Dream JRiver Media Center would
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:04:12 am »

sound pretty much like it does, as I think it sounds terrific already.

Would have an "undo" option in case I did something I regret.

Would pop up a dialog box asking "Are you sure you want to do that?" and allowing me to say "NO" anytime I do something that would result in the deletion of a play list.

Would remember how I last left it and resume that configuration when I restarted it again.  As is, each time I restart MC it does remember that I have a two pane option, but I always have to tell it that the left pane is for playing now, the right pane is to show audio, and that the right pane should be split vertically to show the files within any selection in the audio pane. 

What say the board?  Do you too have to reconnect the dots each time you start MC?  Have you too had the frustration of having a play list disappear forever?

redonion

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: My Dream JRiver Media Center would
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 04:56:12 am »

Would remember how I last left it and resume that configuration when I restarted it again.
This already is possible. You have to go to options -> general -> Startup Location and set it to use the last location. It then remembers every pane and tab.

Would have an "undo" option in case I did something I regret.
There is an undo function inside MC, but I also would love to see it more powerful. It mainly (only?) is possible to undo tag changes, but it would be really nice to be able to undo playlist deletions and modifications or smartlist modifications.

Would pop up a dialog box asking "Are you sure you want to do that?" and allowing me to say "NO" anytime I do something that would result in the deletion of a play list.
If there were a powerful undo, there would be no need for this. For now you can restore your accidentally deleted playlist using a library backup. Not the best way, but at least a workaround.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »

This already is possible. You have to go to options -> general -> Startup Location and set it to use the last location. It then remembers every pane and tab.

Except when you change libraries. It remembers nothing.

And then to really rub it in - MC takes you to the annoying MC web "start" page. (my primary pet peeve)

And yes - a global "undo" for everything I could possibly damage/change is long overdue.

VP

redonion

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:40:30 pm »

Thanks for the tip, StFeder!  I never would have found that without your hint. 

redonion   
Pages: [1]   Go Up