INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot Import "Bad" Audio Files -- HELP!  (Read 1943 times)

robfritz

• Recent member
Cannot Import "Bad" Audio Files -- HELP!
« on: July 11, 2016, 02:47:11 pm »

I recently set up a new PC, and MC is not importing virtually all the audio files transferred from the previous PC.   

They come up as "previously determined to be bad" on the report at the bottom-left of the MC window, after an import has been run. 

I have taken steps to create smart-lists, then delete, then try to re-import, but no luck. 

One clue:  I did not save the files as a MC  back-up before loading them on the new HD, so as I understand, the issue in that the new "file path" of the new machine is not being recognized.  Given present day software's plug and play nature, there must be a two or three click workaround, and I'm likely missing something painfully obvious.

I would appreciate tremendously any help to get the files to cooperate with JR's software, and to get my library imported.

Thank you for any suggestions out there. 

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cannot Import "Bad" Audio Files -- HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 03:04:22 pm »

Have you checked the actual files?  Can you play them?

robfritz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 03:39:34 pm »

Thanks Jim.  I had not tried to play the files using any other player, but just did using Windows Media Player, and got this message:

"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

Not sure what may be the issue.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 04:31:52 pm »

The transfer of the files may not have been successful.  Check the size and the permissions.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »

I'm guessing at this but...

Rob, did you maybe transfer a whole hard drive from one system to another?  If so, it's common for windows ownership and permissions to get in the way.  If that's the issue, you need to "take ownership" of the entire drive, on the new computer, so that it has access to all of the files.

If it wasn't a drive transfer, how did you get the files to the new computer?

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up