INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with stereo downmix using volumio and MicroRendu as audio rederer  (Read 2466 times)

Pit33

I am using JRiver Media Center 21 for Mac with a Synology DiskStation were all my audio files are stored. When I play back music via network on a MicroRendu connected to a 24/192 USB DAC (capable to play back DSD files via DoP) I have no chance to convert the sample rate (configuration of DLNA renderer in the options menu).

But when I play back files from the Main Library (files from my Mac) I can corvert audio files (DSD to 24/176 or 24/192 to 24/48) as configured in the options menu (configuration of DLNA). Why does this not work when I play back files from an external library? Are the files directly streamed from the DiskStation to the audio renderer and JRiver has no influence on it?

I just stumbled over this point as I had some tests and it is largely of an academic nature.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

I'm having a hard time following the two scenarios.  Are you using the microrend in both situations?  Are you using the disk station in normal file sharing mode, or in DLNA mode?  If DLNA, I would turn off the DLNA on the disk station and instead mount it's volume as a regular file share and import those files into MC. Then local files on the Mac and files on the disk station will be treated exactly the same.

DLNA mode on file sharing appliances should be avoided IMHO.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up