INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Username or password is invalid  (Read 2938 times)

nojazz

Username or password is invalid
« on: July 13, 2016, 10:28:32 am »

I am new to JRiver.  I am struggling with the message "Your username or password is invalid" when attempting to connect an iPhone or iPad using JRemote or an android tablet or phone using Gizmo to a JRiver Media Center 21 server on a Mini Mac 2010 running OS X El Capitan.  I installed JRiver with no problems.  I forwarded the 52199 port on my router with no problems.  When I try to connect (on all portable devices) I get the same message sequence => 1) Connecting to [my ip] Port 52199 2) Response received 3) Name of server is [my server's name] 4) Authenticating with credentials... 5) Your username or password is invalid.  Clearly I have something configured improperly, but I have spent much time trying to figure out what.  I have gone to View => User => Add user to create new users to test with (e.g. user=test, password=test) with no success.  Any help that anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Username or password is invalid
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 11:22:54 am »

On our wiki, there is a topic called Network Access.  It sounds like you may have read it.

Login and password are required if you have set "Authentication" on the server.  It's under the Media Network settings.  It's case sensitive.  Check for typos.

There is a test of the connection under the Access Key section.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Username or password is invalid
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 11:27:17 am »

A.  Test your connection with one of your devices from INSIDE your network first.  Once you've verified that works, then move on to an external connection.

B.  If you still get the username/password error inside your network, you might have authentication turned on, in MC:  Tools > Options > Media Network > Authentication .

You can uncheck that to turn off authentication.  Then restart MC.

It also might be as simple as MC NOT having authentication turned on, but your server profile in JRemote specifying a username/password .  The cure in that case is to erase the username and password from JRemote's server profile.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up