INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone unlinking with JRemote  (Read 2998 times)

Desja55

• Recent member
Zone unlinking with JRemote
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:21:29 pm »

Unlinking Zone with JRemote.

Zone Unlink in JRemote was working well with MC release 21.0.50 and previous releases.
When a link was established between two zone, the icone change from "Link" in green to "Unlink" in red and when we want to unlink the zone we just have to press on the "Unlink" icone in JRemote.

In MC release 21.0.51 the following change was introduced :
1. Changed: Zone links are tied to the zone GUID instead of the zone ID (so linking to a DLNA device should work better).

Since MC release 21.0.54 to 21.0.90, Zone unlink doesn't work anymore in JRemote. The link is establish but the icone "Link" remains green and we have to use Media Center on the desktop to unlink.
Still doesn't work with MC 22.0.8

Thank you for having a look at this issue

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:00:56 pm »

Since MC release 21.0.54 to 21.0.90, Zone unlink doesn't work anymore in JRemote. The link is establish but the icone "Link" remains green and we have to use Media Center on the desktop to unlink.

I don't know what could be happening.

I just tested this call:
http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/UnlinkZones?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID

And it unlinked my zone fine.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Desja55

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:15:00 pm »

I don't know Matt,

I am running JRemote on an iPad and if you look at my post in the Remotes section, other people are also having the same problem.
Is-it something with the configuration in the Options / Media Network section ?

blgentry

Re: Zone unlinking with JRemote
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:00:19 am »

In MC release 21.0.51 the following change was introduced :
1. Changed: Zone links are tied to the zone GUID instead of the zone ID (so linking to a DLNA device should work better).

This made me curious, so I tested it with MC21.0.91 for Mac and EOS remote for Android.  EOS can establish a link between two zones and they link properly.  However, if you try to bring back the "link" screen (which is where you link and unlink zones) in EOS, it crashes EOS immediately.  There's no way I've found to then unlink zones, without going back to MC's Standard View interface.  Once unlinked, you can link again if you want, but again, you're stuck because the link screen will then crash the remote application.

So, I reinstalled MC21.0.50 and tested again.  This time the results were normal:  EOS can link and unlink as normal.  Proper operation and no crashes.  So, I think the above change broke functionality that some remotes use.  I'm guessing the default value of the zone ID or type has changed and that's what confuses JRemote and crashes EOS.  Just a guess.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 07:30:00 am »

In the response to:
http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1

It used to give something like:
<Item Name="LinkedZones">10093;0</Item>

Now it's giving:
<Item Name="LinkedZones">{62E64CA3-05EC-45D9-A4CE-C1C938A92F37}, {5AFFECE0-A7F2-4493-B347-513A77CDDAC5}</Item>

Let me look into it...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:39:24 am »

Coming next build:
Changed: The way that LinkedZones were reported by MCWS changed (unintentionally) recently so we switched it back.

Desja55

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 03:59:24 pm »

Problem fixed in MC 22.0.9

Thank you

wildsam

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:24 am »

Yes I can confirm zone linking is now fixed but I wonder if anyone can help me figure out how to sync the timing so that both zones are playing together. I have a hard wired network and two jriver servers setup in different rooms.
When they are linked the timing is out by a few seconds at least :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up