INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video resumption not working...  (Read 5650 times)

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
Video resumption not working...
« on: June 30, 2016, 01:30:59 am »

Using version 21.0.90 for Windows here. Don't know exactly what version it happened but it seems that video resumption is not working. Does anyone else notice this?

stewart_pk

Re: Video resumption not working...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 08:06:07 pm »

Bump...

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:26:19 am »

Go to Tools>Options>General>Behavior "Resume Using Bookmarks". Set to "Ask" f you want a popup each time you start asking you were to start (beginning or were you last left off). The other choices are Automatic to resume where you last left off, and Never to always start from the beginning.

stewart_pk

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »

Thanks for the response. It had been on "Automatic" the whole time so should have been working. I've changed it to "Ask" to see if that works.

stewart_pk

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:28:08 pm »

This is just not working properly if its set to either "Automatic" or "Ask".
I'd like someone else to confirm either option is working or this must be a bug and needs to be fixed.

RD James

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 08:35:09 pm »

I've been noticing that a lot of videos have been starting over from the beginning instead of resuming lately as well. Not all of them, but a lot.
I've also had the opposite problem where hitting stop twice on a video has not cleared the bookmark.
So I think it's a general issue with bookmarking/resuming.

dotnet

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:08:08 pm »

This issue is due to hardware acceleration. I have been able to repeat this by installing LAV filters & PotPlayer, setting LAV to use DXVA native or copyback, & trying to resume a .mkv. Instant lockup of the player & you have to force terminate it via task manager. There are 3 ways to "fix" this. 1. Disable hardware acceleration in JRiver.  2. Disable resume playback from bookmarks. 3. Install LAV filters & set JRiver to use them under Video mode / custom & instead of DXVA choose Intel QuickSync.
 I ran JRiver for years on an AMD apu & never encountered this until I switched to a i5 skylake so this issue is very hardware specific & thus not widely reported.

stewart_pk

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »

Comon devs please fix; this is bread and butter functionality.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 06:53:41 am »

Video Bookmarks work perfectly for me. I use them all the time to take a break during watching.
If you are using a Client/Server setup make sure that syncing back to the server is activated, otherwise the client won't be able to store its bookmarks in the library.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 07:25:55 am »

I watch videos exclusively in Theater Mode. Video resumption has not worked properly for me also in a long time. I have basically given up on it. It does at times work but most of the time it simply resumes at the beginning of the film.
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

stewart_pk

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 08:20:48 pm »

Video Bookmarks work perfectly for me. I use them all the time to take a break during watching.
If you are using a Client/Server setup make sure that syncing back to the server is activated, otherwise the client won't be able to store its bookmarks in the library.

Have you tried a full folder structure bluray rip and if so what are the results?
I'm not using a Client/Server setup.

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 01:31:38 pm »

I have an AMD processor and have had this problem for at least 6 months, possibly up to a year.  Tried switching to "Ask", which only works sometimes and isn't as convenient.  A fix would be nice.

stewart_pk

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 07:11:52 pm »

Comon guys, lets get a fix for this. I love JRiver MC, it's the best HTPC software, but some constructive criticism is needed here. Far too much focus is on stuff we don't need and not enough on just getting the basics working right and bug free. KODI eats this kind of basic stuff for breakfast which is why there is no way I'd trust JRiver over it (KODI) on my Dad's (average Joe) HTPC. It seems to take a genuine enthusiast to handle it and even then it tries your patience often.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 12:32:50 am »

It isn't clear that it is a JRiver bug.

stewart_pk

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 01:34:04 am »

It isn't clear that it is a JRiver bug.

If I could tell you it was or not I would. It might not be a bug, perhaps it could be called an issue or an unwanted feature. Either way it seems like something needs to change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up