INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can TV recording rules be exported to a clean OS installation?  (Read 1381 times)

OverTheAir

• Recent member

I am exploring the upgrade from Win7 to Win10.  Currently the Win10 upgrade doesn't seem to be behaving when the computer is woken from sleep to record TV so I am considering a fresh install of Win10 which will of course completely overwrite the current JRiver installation including my TV recording rules (along with everything else).  It is possible to recreate most (all?) the listings "by hand", but do these rules get backed up anywhere instead, e.g. in the Library?

I have ISO images of the Win7 install for a full restore if Win10 doesn't work out plus copies of the MC Library and the complete JRiver directory from the User settings in Win7 if I need to restore whatever these contain into a fresh Win10 install.

BTW.  I write above that I may be able to recreate most rules.  However what happens if a series or program isn't currently in the EPG?  It seems the only way to recreate these rules is to create a "shell" by setting up a recording rule for a currently scheduled program then go in and edit it for the actual program of interest?  Creating rules for currently non-scheduled programs enables a user to record a program such as the ad hoc availability of Formula One TV coverage on over-the-air NBC when they decide to broadcast instead of restricting to just pay channels.  Manually scanning the schedule every two weeks isn't a practical option for this.  Ditto for future recording of TV programs/series that are currently off air. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Can TV recording rules be exported to a clean OS installation?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 03:18:18 pm »

The recording rules are in the library.  Do a backup of the library and later restore from it.  You should be fine.  If you want to be doubly safe, copy and save this file manually: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center xx\Library\tvrecording.xml
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up