INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDMI Audio Always Active ( ON )  (Read 8391 times)

JohnnyFire

HDMI Audio Always Active ( ON )
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »

please please please add this awsome and vital setting to JRiver!

like other player have and its vital to fix the silent stream bug of the avr receiver that its not 100% a driver problem

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDMI Audio Always Active ( ON )
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:43:18 pm »

http://veg.by/en/projects/soundkeeper/

I stumbled upon this when looking for information on something completely unrelated. Perhaps it will help.

I also noticed that on Windows 10 at least, if power saving is on the "power saver" profile the HDMI audio will shut off after some time of being idle. If I use the "high performance" profile, it never shuts off.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 05:57:56 pm »

http://veg.by/en/projects/soundkeeper/

I stumbled upon this when looking for information on something completely unrelated. Perhaps it will help.

I also noticed that on Windows 10 at least, if power saving is on the "power saver" profile the HDMI audio will shut off after some time of being idle. If I use the "high performance" profile, it never shuts off.
I use high performance mode too m8 and i have same results the app you post. its similar with others work on direct sound mode only on wasapi normal and exclusive mode its a different story...
the hdmi audio goes to idle mode after you close the app
so all i say this be helpfull to have the setting inside the J.R. app cause in that way maybe we can use wasapi if the programing is corect with no more issues..

plus this problem is everywhere intel HD vga onboard cards nvidia cards low priced and high, even on amds side at some report they fixed some not...

if a J.R. developer see this please include this in later version this is vital for avr receivers that use optical and hdmi cables

JohnnyFire

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 02:26:42 am »

i believe i ask too much for my paid (supported) app... so be it.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 12:03:53 pm »

There is already an option for "Disable display from turning off" in the Audio section of preferences. It works fine for me. My computer sleeps when idle, but when playing audio/video JRiver keeps the HDMI display active.

-tm

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 01:04:00 pm »

This was brought up two weeks ago http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105912.msg736749#msg736749
I suppose the answer/info provided was not the solution to the Johnny's problem.

Here's another free program said to help (and a good thread on the issue) http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1317491-silent-stream-bug.html

JohnnyFire

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 08:55:20 pm »

This was brought up two weeks ago http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105912.msg736749#msg736749
I suppose the answer/info provided was not the solution to the Johnny's problem.

Here's another free program said to help (and a good thread on the issue) http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1317491-silent-stream-bug.html

the forum that you provide in the link is well known but the link and the site of the app is removed!
guys the feauture is ask to import in the 22 ver is simply usable manny of as will be appreciate this workaround to our problems
i manage to make a setting workaround but its not that i wanna to have!

devs can search for hdmi silent stream bug to find what i talking about or ask me for more info, if anyone cares to do something about it....

RD James

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:20:54 pm »

the forum that you provide in the link is well known but the link and the site of the app is removed!
guys the feauture is ask to import in the 22 ver is simply usable manny of as will be appreciate this workaround to our problems
i manage to make a setting workaround but its not that i wanna to have!

devs can search for hdmi silent stream bug to find what i talking about or ask me for more info, if anyone cares to do something about it....
What exactly is the problem that you're experiencing?
I've had a look around and it seems that people are lumping together a number of issues and just calling them all the "silent stream bug".

From what I can tell, the main issue is that you have an AVR which is slow to switch modes or resume from idle and cuts off the first few seconds of audio.
The apps that "fix" the so-called "silent stream bug" work by constantly playing a very low level of noise to keep the connection to the AVR open at all times.

But using an exclusive output for audio would always trigger this issue, since the underlying problem is that the AVR is slow to switch modes, and exclusive outputs are designed to block all other audio streams and switch the device's output at the beginning of playback.

The "play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" option in JRiver seems like it would be the solution for AVRs that are slow to switch modes and cut off the beginning of audio, rather than having an app keep the connection open at all times.

There is already an option for "Disable display from turning off" in the Audio section of preferences. It works fine for me. My computer sleeps when idle, but when playing audio/video JRiver keeps the HDMI display active.
That option is for audio-only playback, it doesn't do anything for video playback.
If I have a video playing in a window or pause a full-screen video, JRiver doesn't prevent the display from going to sleep.
I do wish they would change that. Allowing the display to sleep when a video is playing/paused is awful.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 07:07:20 am »

What exactly is the problem that you're experiencing?
I've had a look around and it seems that people are lumping together a number of issues and just calling them all the "silent stream bug".

From what I can tell, the main issue is that you have an AVR which is slow to switch modes or resume from idle and cuts off the first few seconds of audio.
The apps that "fix" the so-called "silent stream bug" work by constantly playing a very low level of noise to keep the connection to the AVR open at all times.

But using an exclusive output for audio would always trigger this issue, since the underlying problem is that the AVR is slow to switch modes, and exclusive outputs are designed to block all other audio streams and switch the device's output at the beginning of playback.

The "play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" option in JRiver seems like it would be the solution for AVRs that are slow to switch modes and cut off the beginning of audio, rather than having an app keep the connection open at all times.
 That option is for audio-only playback, it doesn't do anything for video playback.
If I have a video playing in a window or pause a full-screen video, JRiver doesn't prevent the display from going to sleep.
I do wish they would change that. Allowing the display to sleep when a video is playing/paused is awful.

i agree mate, the workaround of JR kinda fix it, but the real deal is the goal!

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 12:07:30 pm »

This is your second thread on the topic and you still have not explained exactly what your issue is.

-tm

RD James

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 02:38:50 pm »

i agree mate, the workaround of JR kinda fix it, but the real deal is the goal!
JRiver's "play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" is the fix.
There's no other way to fix it if you're using an exclusive output, as I explained in my previous post.

If you're using non-exclusive outputs, the application that I linked to should fix it without having to add a delay to the start of playback.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 03:45:23 pm »

JRiver's "play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" is the fix.
There's no other way to fix it if you're using an exclusive output, as I explained in my previous post.

If you're using non-exclusive outputs, the application that I linked to should fix it without having to add a delay to the start of playback.

my friend i manage to fix it! change some values to be compatible with arv and now all works, all sounds awsome!

blgentry

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 03:58:06 pm »

Please tell us exactly how you fixed it, so someone else might benefit from this thread.

Brian.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 04:37:33 pm »

Please tell us exactly how you fixed it, so someone else might benefit from this thread.

Brian.

i have a Onkyo TX-NR555 avr hook with hdmi (repeater) on my tv and my pc

so i simply use the play silence at startup at 2 second then i change the wasapi (event) buffer to 25ms
check the setting of
do not play silence leading and trailing
use gapless for sequantal
use gapless for manual
seek gapless
stop immediate
pause immediate

those settings gives me speed stability and accuracy on my listening!

diferent avr mught need diferent settings....
so thats my story so far hope this helps someone in near future!

JohnnyFire

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »

if anyone have a problem with avr im glad to help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up