INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22 TV Program  (Read 2248 times)

DrIan

Media Center 22 TV Program
« on: July 16, 2016, 08:46:03 pm »

Trouble with TV program guide in Media Center 22. Gave Can$10 donation for MC2XMLV1.4. This system obviously does not work in Australia but keeps on asking again and again for donation. It is driving me mad. How do I stop it?

Australia seems badly neglected on TV program guide with JRiver. There was no trouble with Microsoft's Media Center.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 22 TV Program
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 05:41:57 pm »

To turn off the mc2xml run in MC, just deselect the mc2xml EPG collection process in TV setup. A quick way to do that is to go to Tools>Options>Television>click the Profile you are using under Tuner Profiles, click Configure, then click through the tuner information until you get to the "Method for loading electronic program guide" and select a method other than "mc2xml". Perhaps "No electronic program guide" until you work out what you are going to do about EPG.

If you are just trying to use the built in version in MC, then no, that isn't going to work for Australia, as the source of data it uses (Rovi) doesn't have Australian data. It still shouldn't be asking for donations continually though. I know the Donate button always shows up, but it doesn't ask for donation each time you try to run it, does it?

If you wanted to use mc2xml and have donated, then you should have used version 1.6 (or above) rather than 1.4. Email the author and ask for the latest version. Instructions on his site. http://mc2xml.awardspace.info/ But there is only one source I haven't tried for Australian data, and that is the Xbox One source. It does seem to have Australian data, but I haven't had an Xbox Live account until recently, so haven't tried it. I should do that now that I have such an account.

Anyway, for Australia I advise using EPG Collector, which is what I use. It gathers EPG data from the broadcast data stream, including from the Freeview EPG stream. A little technical, but it works fine, mostly. MC imports the XMLTV file produced by EPG Collector, so "XMLTV" is the required method under "Method for loading electronic program guide".

Read this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100236.0
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up