INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Output Format activation/deactivation problem  (Read 1573 times)

jayla

• Recent member
DSP Output Format activation/deactivation problem
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:15:24 am »

I wonder about the behavior of the settings for the DSP Output format (Menu->Extra->Options->Settings->Audio->Settings). I use to deactivate this feature because I don't want MC to take any influence in any way on the soundstage.

However, I have some multichannel recordings in my library. I would expect if I deactivate the feature that I would only listen to the main-channels and losing all other channel-content. Instead of this MC automatically activates the DSP Outpout format setting once I start playing a multichannel record and downmix all channels to stereo (That's what is meant to be done in the settings if I activate these settings).

After listening to such multichannel record the activated setting remains activated even if I start playing a stereo record. This is really not what I would expect.

Activating this feature is fine for multichannel but really takes affect also on the soundstage on a pure stereo signal. Easily to hear once you compare activated to deactivated.

I wonder if this is not a bug. I would like to be the one who is to decide whether I activate or deactivate this feature or do I misunderstand something regarding this feature?

Thx a lot for any information on this topic

Pages: [1]   Go Up