INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS Audio DAC Problem  (Read 5498 times)

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
PS Audio DAC Problem
« on: July 18, 2016, 10:19:53 am »

I use MC for music via DLNA to a PS Audio Perfectwave DAC with Bridge ll. I upgraded to MC 22 (220009 which seemed to go ok but when I attempt to play something, it doesn't work. MC does correctly show the track list under Bridge ll but when a track starts playing the tracks keep skipping to the next track after a second or two There is no sound at the DAC. Also my IPOD won't connect. I have no idea what's wrong as I don't believe I changed anything from MC 21. Meantime I went back to MC 21 (210090) and everything again works perfectly. Should I just uninstall MC22 and try again in case something got corrupted?
I hope someone can shed some light.   Thanks.      

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
PSA DAC Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:31:59 am »

Check the settings on MC21 and make sure they are the same on MC22.

It's probably not a problem with a corrupt installation.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
PS Audio DAC Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 10:58:36 am »

Thanks. However, everything looks the same to me in the "Media Center" and I don't know where else to look to find a setting that might cause my problems. I'm sure no expert and not at all technical so I hope someone can suggest where I should check.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: PS Audio DAC Problem
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 11:09:24 am »

Settings for the DLNA Server are under Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA Servers

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 11:09:54 am »

Sorry, I meant to say "Media Network" in my previous post.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 12:06:30 pm »

Jim, I checked Media Network settings and other settings as well. Everything looks the same and I don't know what else to try.
I've been a happy user of JRiver and want to keep up to date. Will my license allow me to uninstall 22 and reinstall it to see if that will fix?
Thank you 

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 01:58:09 pm »

Right click on the PS Audio DAC and enable the following two commands: Disable SetNext Support & Ignore Transport Events.  Hopefully this will fix you up.  Please let us know.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 02:24:30 pm »

Hi amsco15. Thanks. I tried Rel. 22 with those commands both checked and unchecked. Unfortunately, it makes no difference. It still doesn't work.
I believe you also use Bridge ll. Did your upgrade to 22 go ok? Do you use JRemote?

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 07:21:58 pm »

I do own and use the Bridge II along with JRemote.  I did buy the license but haven't upgraded to MC22 yet.  Everything currently works perfectly in MC 21.  Waiting for a version of MC 22 to be declared stable before I install it.  Did you download the Whitebear DMR Analyser?  The program helped me a lot when I first installed Bridge II.  I follow every setting recommended by Whitebear and add Disable Transport Events (even though the Whitebear DMR Analyser says my renderer supports it).  If I don't Disable Transport Events, songs skip when changing sample rates for files types (i.e. FLAC to DSD).

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 08:10:06 pm »

I'm thinking now that I should have been that smart!  I think I'll uninstall MC22 and continue to use MC21 for a while yet. I also followed the Whitebear Analyser when I had skipping problems. One curious thing, when I was looking over my MC21 version today, I decided to uncheck those DLNA Controller options just to test again how files play. I don't have DSD files but MC21 has been playing mixed FLAC files of all sample rates for several hours now with no skips and I hope it continues. That surprised me and I'm wondering if the recent Bridge ll firmware update had anything to do with that.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 02:39:05 pm »

FYI, I loaded MC 22.0.12 today.  Everything so far works exactly as expected.   I even enable the "load files to memory at start of playback" option.  Everything works great.  Please note that I have not updated the Bridge II software to the Roon enabled version.  I am running Toreys on my DS.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 12:36:20 pm »

That's encouraging. Thnx. Since I have the PWD there must be some technical difference and maybe it has to do with that latest bridge ll firmware. At some point I'll try and create a log file which captures the problem and then see if someone at JRiver can help. 

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 01:41:09 pm »

There's a method that involves a Windows machine that allows you to roll the Bridge II software back.  Go over to the PS Audio site and look it up.  You can also e-mail Dennis at PS Audio.  I would give that a try!
Pages: [1]   Go Up