INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 File plays in MC 21 but not 22  (Read 2188 times)

daveg

• World Citizen
MP4 File plays in MC 21 but not 22
« on: July 18, 2016, 04:56:54 pm »

I have a couple files that will play in JR 21. But in 22 all I hear is the audio with no picture.

it is the exact same file but here are the specs in each version

Aspect Ratio 360:203
Bit Depth 16
BitRate 2621
File Size 430
Sample Rate 44100

Bit Depth 16
BitRate 191
File Size 430
Sample Rate 44100

Not sure why the bit rate would be different for the exact same file(have checked 4 times). I am using playon to rip the files from netflix

Any ideas

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MP4 File plays in MC 21 but not 22
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 08:27:40 am »

daveg,
I think you will need to post more details on your system so others can help. What sound card (internal, DAC, etc.) what video settings (RO+HQ, RO-Standard)? Is it just the "PlayOn" files that don't work? Do other MP4/video files play?
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________

Also, not totally related, but can you tell me more about "PlayOn"?

So do you use the standard Netflix desktop app and then PlayOn captures the stream and records it?

I assume the Netflx stream is copy protected somehow and then PlayOn gets around this. Is the video capture the same quality as the original stream?

Would this product let me copy any Netflix movies/shows to then have/watch forever (i.e. after my Netflix subscription ends)?

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 03:28:06 pm »

These files play...and have played...in every other version of MC..been a subscriber since version 15 (I think). Also play in every other player I tried. I use all the defaults for video and audio files.. My PC is a basic future shop model, so nothing extravagant.

Almost every file plays except a few.

As for Playon. It is really cool. You just put your Netflix credentials in the app, and it will record silently in the background(in real time) anything you want. You can queue up as many shows as you want..or schedule them for late at night if you have data caps. They have a 30 day money back guarantee. And the quality is the same as original. Basically a Digital VCR. They have many online channels you can record from (But you have to have a subscription)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:53 am »

I have a couple files that will play in JR 21. But in 22 all I hear is the audio with no picture.

it is the exact same file but here are the specs in each version

Bit Depth 16
BitRate 2621
File Size 430
Sample Rate 44100

Bit Depth 16
BitRate 191
File Size 430
Sample Rate 44100

Not sure why the bit rate would be different for the exact same file(have checked 4 times). I am using playon to rip the files from netflix

Any ideas
What is the complete path to the file? I'm thinking MC thinks it's an Audio MP4, perhaps a flaw with the import function. Some of that changed in MC22.
Pages: [1]   Go Up