INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Colossus 2  (Read 4567 times)

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
Problems with Colossus 2
« on: July 19, 2016, 09:14:03 am »

Followed the sticky instructions: "How to configure audio for analog video capture devices" and have problems:

1.  Audio output is only a rapid "put-put-put..." spaced less than 1 second apart, and goes to silence after less than 30 seconds.

2.  Video distorts shortly thereafter.

Suggestions?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Problems with Colossus 2
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 10:00:29 am »

I re-read the sticky thread and found it quite out-dated.

To setup a video capture device like Colossus 2, you should create a "Capture only" channel in MC.  You can either do this by running Setup wizard, or by going to Manage Channels tool and add a new "Capture only" channel.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:53 pm »

Tried that with the same results.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 08:13:36 am »

Any suggestions?  It still doesn't work.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:25 am »

Did you plug the audio video cables in correct connectors?

What general audio settings do you use in MC?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 03:04:12 pm »

Cable is HDMI from Roku via splitter to HDMI in on Colossus 2.

Audio for TV: 48k, JRSS, 16 channels, no sub.

New "capture only" acts the same as "serial digital".  Crossbar for both asks for AES Digital In, both produce the same noise and eventual degradation of video.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 08:16:39 am »

Maybe unrelated but try enabling time shifting on analog devices.  That's what I need to do to get untouched bitstreamed Dolby Digital sound from my Colossus.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 02:10:52 pm »

Tried time-shifting, but results remain the same.  Other ideas?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 06:09:43 pm »

Try removing the splitter and see if it works. Then in future, do all testing with the splitter removed until you get it working with a direct connection. Only then add the splitter back in.

However, is the source signal protected in some way, such as HDCP? I expect it would be, since AES is being asked for. Plus Roku is unlikely to be allowed to allow HD Digital signals to be output unless the full digital path is HDCP compliant. The symptoms you describe do suggest a deliberate degradation of the signal, consistent with HDCP, although usually you just get nothing through, or on a PC just get told the path isn't compliant.

So, is your full digital path HDCP compliant? That is one reason I suggested removing the splitter for testing. Maybe see if you can find a tool or method to test the digital path is HDCP compliant, or check with Roku/Hauppauge.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »

The objective is to get DD+ audio into my PC based main system...the Netflix app appears to be plain old super-compressed DD whereas Roku will output DD+. 

Monitor and projector are compliant, but I doubt the PC is.  Copy protection may be the issue as it seems to work okay on "open" Roku channels.  I'll see if I can find a test tool.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 04:53:51 pm »

NVIDIA test tool says the system is compliant.  Cyberlink says there is a non-compliant video port...so I disabled Intel on-board video but that didn't help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 06:14:07 pm »

Copy protection may be the issue as it seems to work okay on "open" Roku channels.

That pretty much confirms you are down in the murky depths of DRM. A place I try not to visit if at all possible.

It could still just be a format issue, but unlikely. I suspect only Roku and/or Hauppauge can help you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up