INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get convolver config file to load - SOLVED  (Read 5195 times)

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
Cannot get convolver config file to load - SOLVED
« on: July 19, 2016, 03:50:31 pm »

Probably a rookie error, but I cannot get a convolution config file to load.  Have tried both a copy paste of the simple text, and a file name that includes the text...neither works although individual .wav files will load and run.  

Here's the file (column on the right is not part of the file).  Haven't done this before, so what am I doing wrong?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot get convolver config file to load
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:16:54 pm »

I could be misremembering but I didn't think jriver supported output channel routing in the cfg file, i.e. your 1st 3 paths. If so, you can do the same by copying the output in a PEQ block after the convolver instead

You may also want to be wary of http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99389.0

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:12:25 am »

I wasn't aware the config spec referenced in the Wiki isn't fully implemented. 

Looks like the surrounds will wait until JRiver fixes the bug in the higher channels.  Before reworking the files, is there anything else in convolution that doesn't work as it should?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 08:36:54 am »

this thread might be useful -> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95806.5

output channel scaling is the other obvious gap, you can do via PEQ as well though

I'm not sure how long you'll be waiting for that channel count bug to be fixed, no one from the dev team responded to that thread after all.

HamishNorton

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 10:26:33 am »

I do not know for a fact that Acourate Convolver will handle more than 10 channels, but you can ask Uli Brueggemann, the developer, easily enough. If so, you can use it as the virtual audio output device.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 10:42:43 am »

I'm not sure how long you'll be waiting for that channel count bug to be fixed, no one from the dev team responded to that thread after all.

Could you start a thread and slowly and clearly explain the issue?

Steps to reproduce would be even better.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 12:20:23 pm »

Could you start a thread and slowly and clearly explain the issue?

Steps to reproduce would be even better.

Thanks.
the steps to reproduce are in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99073.msg688023#msg688023

the original bug thread (which reports just this issue) is http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99389.0

is that sufficient?

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 12:22:38 am »

I wasn't aware the config spec referenced in the Wiki isn't fully implemented. Looks like the surrounds will wait until JRiver fixes the bug in the higher channels.  Before reworking the files, is there anything else in convolution that doesn't work as it should?

I described my 15 channel set-up here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/acourate/conversations/messages/7703

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 11:00:14 am »

Thanks for the link!  With different config files, the LCRs are working now and I'll study your implementation as I hope to get back to the surrounds this week.  (I'd like to at least test them, even if there is a bug in the higher channels.)

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 04:17:08 pm »

Brad,
Trying to understand your configuration and have a couple of questions:

1.  What caused you to choose mono correction filters over stereo?
2.  Your surrounds seem to be the top of 2-ways rather than full range with a HP/subsonic filter.  Why that choice?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Cannot get convolver config file to load - SOLVED
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 12:27:36 pm »

Somewhere above correction filter #10, MC did not want to load revised/saved config files.  At 10 filters and below, no problem.  Above 10 they would occasionally load...other times a complete shutdown was required to replace config files...and a few times even that didn't work the first time.  This was finally identified by creating different file names for the revisions...the only way I could see what was actually loaded at any given time.

Second problem may or may not exist:  Even when config files were located in separate folders, MC didn't seem to like the repetitive file names Acourate assigns, even though they are in a different folder/path...again filters numbered above 10.  I say this problem may or may not exist because I gave all of the filter files different names at about the same time I figured out problem #1.

Everything runs fine now.  Here is the config and channel mapping used in the solution:

Pages: [1]   Go Up