INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is their any way to stream music from one server to other PC  (Read 2299 times)

toddelving

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,
I have been a MC user for a couple of years now and recently upgraded to MC 22, MY OS is Windows 10
I have asked a few times but have not gotten a answer a simple yes or no would help in the endless search for answers.

Can I play music in one room and stream the music that I am playing to another computer that has MC on it?
Where would I find the instructions on how to do this?

Thank you

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is their any way to stream music from one server to other PC
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 07:09:29 pm »

I have never done it, but I believe the answer would be yes.

Research Linked Zones. The Server PC would be one Zone, and the target PC with MC on it running as a MC Client would be the other Zone. If the Zones were linked, the music should play on both PCs at the same time.

But the music may not stay in sync. The timing could get out of whack. Research "whole house music", "Improved Zone Sync" and similar topics around here. In fact "Improved Zone Sync" is one of the objectives of MC22. See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104805.0
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:36:50 am »

The answer is yes.  Please read about Tremote on our wiki.  Start at the Media Network topic.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 08:34:47 am »

To get the same music to play from two or more systems, you should use linked zones, as Roderick suggested. Using TRemote is a separate feature, used to control playback from a system separate from the server.

Under Playing Now in the left hand tree, right click on Player and choose Link Zone. Select the name of the other computer. When you play to that linked zone, it will play on both systems. You may have to play with the Link  Timing to get them to sync. In MC22 they are looking at ways to make the syncing better. It is really only a problem if you are in a position where you can hear both systems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up