INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag Changes Reverting after handheld sync to a folder  (Read 1281 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Tag Changes Reverting after handheld sync to a folder
« on: July 20, 2016, 04:33:49 pm »

So this one is a little inconsistent, but it's been haunting me for ages.  It seems that after changing some user tags on mp3s (and possibly other audio formats), then syncing to a folder, my changes revert to their previous value.  It's driving me crazy!

Here's my process:

- I have a user field called "My Shelf" that mirrors how I used to have my albums... Playbox, Top Shelf, Middle Shelf, Bottom Shelf, and Under the Stairs.  
- The tag is a String, Relational (one value for each album), and has pre-defined acceptable values that correspond to my labels above.  
- Currently I am saving the value in the ID3 tag, but I have experimented with changing this, to no avail.
- I routinely move albums from one shelf to another, especially in and out of the playbox.  
- I have a folder on my local drive set up as a handheld, and sync different shelves to different folders (using a smartlist that pulls together files with the right shelf tag), then I sync those folders to various removable drives, devices, cloud services, etc outside of MC.
- frequently (not all the time, but often) after a sync, an album that I have removed from the playbox (by changing that tag to one of my other values, say Top Shelf) will return to the playbox.

Things I have tried:
- I have experimented with saving the value in the ID3 tag or just keeping it in the library only, and then turning on and off "update for external changes" in my auto import
- My handheld folder is not in my autoimport path, but I have specifically excluded it just to be sure.
- I've had this problem in MC 20, 21 and the new 22.

Any ideas?

Pages: [1]   Go Up