INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 audio distortion (feedback? ringing?) with WDM ASIO set-up  (Read 1134 times)

Solderman

• Junior Woodchuck

Please forgive if this is addressed elsewhere. I did a quick search and am convinced I have a unique problem requiring immediate attention from your staff  ;D

My set-up: Windows PC (Dell 2120, Win10 32bit) Hardware: MiniDSP USBStreamer (in ADAT mode, latest (only!) driver) -- MC21 being used in WDM mode, active DSP feeding 3-way pair of speakers using "5.1" outputs to the ADAT unit.

Overall I am VERY satisfied with MC21, user for about 3 months now. Other than occasional pops and clicks, which I consider "normal" and I blame on I/O glitches (disk I/O, etc.) on this PC which is doing heavy duty at times (file server for home, BitMessage server supporting God-knows-what types of privacy seeking individuals  :o ) for such a lightweight PC.

My special problem requiring analysis from your experts  ;) is this: infrequently, MC21 decides to do something weird to the audio. I can best describe it as some type of ring or modulation feedback, apparently on all channels. I listen mainly to electronic music so at first it sounds like a typical effect, but also appears on music that shouldn't have it. The "effect" is consistently there if I pause/stop/start playback or try a new file. It goes away if I do a shut down and reboot.

Of course, this doesn't mean that MC21 is at fault, it could be the MiniDSP driver. I'd be glad to help troubleshoot this if you can offer suggestions.

Overall I am very satisfied with MC21 and it does a whole s##tload of stuff for me :) It is sort of like buying the biggest Swiss Army knife model when all you need is the big knife blade and maybe the plastic toothpick once in a while  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up