INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IR Blaster using MCE device talking to set top box also does not work!  (Read 3912 times)

amcneish

• Recent member

A while back I posted a problem getting my 1850 to work with the Media Center...  It works great with Windows Media Center...  but not with MC...

Back on my original post I had both MC and WMC running at the same time....  Today.. I decided to install both, then I updated to Windows 10... with the hope that things would get cleaned up...

I then installed the IR Blaster and IR Receiver stuff from Hauppauge.. and then a fresh install of MC....  

The result was the same...  The video and sound works perfectly ... the EPG works great....  but the IR blaster does not work with MC...  I can even put up the Television screen with MC and use the Blaster Configuration utility to change the channel....  but... I need MC to talk to the blaster...  

anyone have any thoughts....  after this weekend I will restore Windows 8.1 and stay on that version and use WMC until it dies.....

Hope people have some inputs.....

amcneish

• Recent member
Re: IR Blaster on my 1850 Hauppauge talking to Rogers Digital Adapter
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 05:27:38 pm »

Here are the last two screens

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 05:28:49 pm »

Here is a copy of my Hauppauge  INI file

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 11:57:15 pm »

MC has an option to disable WMC.  Did you try it?

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 02:47:29 am »

I am now on Windows 10... so WMC is no longer an issue....   It is removed....

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 02:18:27 pm »

I noticed in the documentation that JRiver supported IR Blasting from the Microsoft IR Receiver (It supports 2 IR Blasters)...

So I configured my device to use it and I got the config screen to set up the keys for the IR Blasting and I entered all the numbers and the enter key...  and happiness...  in the test screen... JRiver could change the channels....

great... I saved the config and then tried in the normal TV section....

IT DID NOT CHANGE The CHANNEL.....

anybody have any ideas... I am running out of patience....

PS:  I also upgraded to 22 and it is the same.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

MC has an option to disable WMC.  Did you try that?

amcneish

• Recent member

I am running Windows 10 which no longer has Windows Media Center.. (Microsoft remove it on the upgrade)...

The JRiver Media Center does not seem to have the option if WMC is not installed...

amcneish

• Recent member

Well... after a lot of messing around I have finally got the JRiver Media Center (JMC) working...

BUT!!!!!!

The Hauppauge IR Blaster does NOT seem to be supported by JMC ....

I have a Windows Media look alike receiver/transmitter...  and that also does not seem to be supported by JMC

The real Windows Media Center IR Receiver with support for two IR Blaster outputs... IS supported by JMC and works....

(I did NOT need to set the ignore WMC flag as repeated by JimH)

So after a lot of installation and reinstallations....  JMC 21 and 22 seem to work with the Hauppauge 1850 card but the IR Blasting must be done not with the Hauppauge IR Blaster...  but with the real Windows Media Center IR Receiver with support for two IR Blaster outputs...

Hope this post helps someone else....

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up