INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New To JRiver  (Read 2638 times)

bigzosso

• Recent member
New To JRiver
« on: July 22, 2016, 02:00:42 am »

Hi guys, I think I am about to switch from a now not functioning well, Albumplayer, to JRiverMedia player.

I am slightly confused on the remote. If I install this on my Samsung S5 Android phone, does it control the music playing on my Music PC Server (Windows 7-64bit) or does it control and play the music on my phone from the PC?

I want to control my PC with my phone, so the music plays from the PC speakers and not play on my phone speakers. Is this what it does?

With Albumplayer, I used iTunes Remote to do this but that has stopped working and they can't get an answer for me. It may be related to a Router issue or something but I tried everything they all suggested. Or maybe its a collection size issue? I used to be able to add say 30 albums at a time and now I get mega's of errors and fails so I have to add albums one at a time (10,000 albums) The remote and adding albums issues both started as my collection got to around 8,000 so I/they don't know if they are related.

Will JRiver cope ok with this and which remote would be best given my requirement and collection size?

Many thanks for any help offered

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New To JRiver
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:20:32 am »

On our wiki, please read about Gizmo.  You can connect to an MC library on any machine and play it anywhere.  In your case, you could connect to your PC from your phone and play on your PC.

The size of your library is no problem at all.

bigzosso

• Recent member
Re: New To JRiver
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:30:17 am »

Thanks JimH, that was what I needed to know, I shall be downloading this weekend and hopefully getting up and running without a problem :-)

P.S. I posted the question 20 minutes ago and then you replied! Wow! Funny as I am just reading Computer Audiophiles review and am on this paragraph:

"A cursory look at the JRiver Interact forum shows evidence the company is very responsive to its customers and leading the way when it comes to full featured playback applications. Compare JRiver Inc.'s responsiveness to that of Microsoft (Windows Media Player) or Apple (iTunes) when a customer requests a new feature or posts a possible issue on the user forums of the respective companies. Receiving a personal response from a company representative from Microsoft or Apple would be an extremely rare occurrence. Not so with JRiver. It's very common to see forum posts from both the CEO Jim Hillegass and CTO Matt Ashland on a daily basis."

Brilliant! Usually these statements mean nothing, this 20 minute response speaks volumes and is very commendable. Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up