INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files getting removed from library in bulk (auto import problems)?  (Read 1042 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Twice now I have suddenly found that large numbers of files have been removed from my MC library. This never happened before I configured auto import and I strongly suspect it is being caused by that process, even though the files in question are not in the auto import folders. All of my files are on a NAS device and that device restarts periodically to apply updates. I've noticed that the auto import process looks at the entire library and does updates to files that are not in the list of watched folders so I suspect what is happening is that auto-import is running at the same time the NAS is unavailable and MC is just removing those files from the library when it can't find them.

I just noticed some audio files missing from JRiver and doing a re-import of my audio folder found 1525 files that somehow got deleted from my library. Recently I found a large number of my video files had disappeared in the same way.

I've also noticed cover art getting randomly changed on files that are not in the auto-import watch list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up