INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback Problem [Solved]  (Read 10945 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Playback Problem [Solved]
« on: July 23, 2016, 12:45:48 pm »

I have used the same driver for Audionet for a while. Mostly in Windows 7 but have 1 week ago changed to Windows 10 pro. JRiver 21 (latest update) and Audionet DAC has worked so far.

Suddenly yesterday, between 2 songs, it went quiet and the message was: Something went wrong with playback. Details: Playback could not be started on the output Asio using the format 44,1 khz 2 ch. The output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP studio to change to a compatible format.

The thing is that the driver and DAC support 24 bit 196 Khz.

I have tried to reinstall the driver (XMOS) for the DAC of course but also the other drivers (Realtek) in case... Nothing helps.

Today I made a new installation of windows 10 and all the software there was. Took me a while but I was thinking better try this also. I imported the playlist in JRiver NOT the settings.

And then I tried again. It worked! For about 30 seconds!  And then the same again.

Now, It looks like that Windows doesn't recognize the driver in the sound settings. Please see attached pictures. when I click on default and test it is completely quiet. I have also tried to use different sample rates and bit depth in advanced. But nothing.

Is there anyone out there who can give me a clue what this can be? Maybe point me in a certain direction that I should look into? I am totally lost!

I have also tried other settings. For example Wasapi with the same driver. Or direct sound. Or Realtech. No sound what so ever.

Thanks in advance

Captor
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 12:56:02 pm »

Power the DAC off and back on.

If it doesn't work from Windows Control Panel > Sounds, it won't work from any player.  The driver may truly not support the format you're trying to play.

Captor

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 01:46:42 pm »

Jim, I have tried that also. You mean the driver might not support the format even if I have played that format for about 1 week now?
Also I have tried all the other formats as well and it is not working. Stone dead except the 30 seconds today after installing everything. Have you taken that in concideration also?
Can it be that it dont support windows 10 but that I have been lucky for a week? Sounds strange...
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 01:51:24 am »

It might not be reliable with that format, even though it works sometimes.

What happens if you test from Control Panel > Sounds?

Captor

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 03:42:08 am »

If I test from Control Panel there is no sound as well.
Otherwise everything works. I have also Kodi installed for watching videos. When I do that I use another receiver Denon 5.1. That works just fine.

The signal from JRiver dont go through to the DAC. I can see that because in the DAC there is a indication when signal comes through.
In JRiver everything is on hold. The slider for indicating that progress in the song is still and also the VU-meters.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 03:43:32 am »

I have tried ALL the other formats already. There is no sign of life with any of them.
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 03:47:05 am »

If it fails to play from Windows Control Panel, then no application will be able to play to it.  That is probably a problem with the driver or the DAC.  Let the DAC manufacturer know that.

If it is a USB DAC, try other USB ports.

Captor

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 03:57:07 am »

Yes, I think so too. Thanks, Jim. I will talk to them tomorrow. In the meantime I will also try out other ports. I have try 2 so far but there are 4 more I think. Thanks.
I also considering going back to Windows 7 because of this. I think actually that the driver is for win 10 also. I have just got it 2 months ago and it must be ready for windows 10 when it is new like that. But we will see. Going back to windows 7 is my last chance.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 04:02:05 am »

Is there any point in trying other drivers? I have found some on the net. For example asio4all?
But will that find my DAC?
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 04:22:31 am »

You should check with the manufacturer for a driver first.

ASIO4All is just a wrapper for Kernel Streaming.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 04:30:45 am »

What model is the DAC?

Do you have a link?

Captor

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 08:06:17 am »

Yes, the DAC is in this amplifier Audionet DNA 1

http://en.audionet.de/machines/dna-i/

At first it is in German language but just click on the German flagg and it will be in english.
Sorry for late reply by the way. I am still struckling with the media PC in the other room so I did not hear that your snwer came in...
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 08:24:26 am »

The driver comes from this company: http://www.xmos.com/
It looks like they are supplying audio drivers to many hardware producers. Not only to Audionet.
The first driver I had was for OS up to Windows 7. But his one is up to windows 10. I am pretty sure about that.
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 10:19:18 am »

Here's the firmware page:
http://en.audionet.de/machines/dna-i/

I'm not sure you should need the xmos driver unless Audionet says you do.  You could try uninstalling it.

Captor

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 12:04:10 pm »

They said so before at least.
When I play xmos wasapi I can see the the WU-meters are moving and the "playbar" is moving indicating that the song is playing. But no sound comes out of the loutspeakers or into the Audionet.
I beleive in drivers even if it worked before. We will see after I talk to them tomorrow. I really hope they can help me. I let you know as soon as I know more myself. Thanks so long.
JRiver for music

gustaf

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 03:53:07 am »

Hi, I have same problem like Captor, on Win 10, JRiver 22, with Mytek 192 DAC. Suddenly after one album ended I got same message like Captor. I reinstalled drivers for Mytek, tried different settings (wasapi and asio) on JRiver, but nothing helps.
What to do??

Captor

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 07:34:19 am »

Hi Gustaf
For me this issue is still ongoing. I also tried on 2 more pc´s without JRiver installed and got the same problem also without JRiver. I then thought it must be something else so I talked to the people at Audionet. They could not give me any advice but they wanted me to send the Receiver/DAC to them for checking if it might be some hardware failure. And that is were I stand now. I sent it 4 weeks ago and have not got any feedback yet. That time they just moved the company to Berlin so everything takes longer time before thay have settled down and can work normally. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I know myself.
I just called them and they said that they probably will look inte it next week. I will keep you updated :-)
JRiver for music

gustaf

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 07:13:09 am »

Hi Captor, tnx for fast reply :)
I managed day after to get back things together, apparently Mytek sometimes has some issues with going from one format to other that's why JRiver was showing the message.
Hope you'll solve your problem with Audionet, it has to be something with DAC. 
Good luck,

G.

Captor

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 09:03:49 am »

Hi Gustaf,
I am glad to hear that you have fixed it! I use the same format, flac, for all my songs so it should not be that problem in my case.
Hopefully I am lucky that they will find something wrong in the DAC. Otherwise I will have a big problem :-)
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 10:01:12 am »

It has now come to my knowledge that the USB-audio-board is broken in my DAC.
So there was nothing wrong with driver or soundcard.
However, the question is how did this happen? I would like to try to avoid this from happen again. I am using a mainboard from Asus with this True volt USB ports. That garantees a 5 Volt output. Could this be the problem? The USB-audio.board is getting its power from the PC´s USB port. To avoid noise (or jitter?) from the internal power supply. I was thinking maybe there is something wrong with the main boards USB ports power supply? Feels like I want to change the main board just in case... Does anyone have any idea or comment to this? I appreciate any input in this matter that can help me avoid the USB audio board to break again.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 08:13:04 am »

Hi everyone who has followed my topic.
I just want to foolow up and end the topic with the playback problem I had before. My amplifier/DAC is back now from repair and it is working just fine with ASIO or WASAPI driver. I use ASIO.
So the problem was for sure in the DAC itself. Thanks everyone for your inputs :-)
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Playback Problem [Solved]
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 05:14:55 pm »

Thanks for letting us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up