INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with red october standard and HQ  (Read 1880 times)

sid123

problems with red october standard and HQ
« on: July 25, 2016, 07:04:16 am »

Hi all,

I am encountering the following problems in MC22 which were also present in MC21:

1. While using red october HQ with the default settings, there is a minor audio delay, the audio is ahead of the video. The debug pane shows 0 frames dropped. The problem is not there while using red october hq.

2. Most importantly, while using red october standard, there is video clipping on the bottom left side (just the left portion of the video flashes sort of) almost every 3 seconds which is highly irritating. The problem is not there while using red october hq.

3. While using red october hq, the subtitles shift down and get clipped by the black bars (they dont come up on the black. i have to shift them up by 10% to avoid clipping. They work fine when using red october standard.

I am encountering these problems with all videos- 1080p, 720p, bluray etc.
My system: i3-6100, 8gb ddr5 ram,  z170n-wifi motherboard, no graphics card.

Any help would be much appreciated  :)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: problems with red october standard and HQ
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:28:24 am »

Try setting the audio-video sync at Tools>Options>video>Advanced. There are two sync options depending on the type of video (i.e. 24P movies or other) that has the problem.
Also try "Crop Edges" at Tools>Options>Video>Crop Edges. Maybe a 1% or 2% crop will help.

sid123

Re: problems with red october standard and HQ
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 12:15:24 pm »

Try setting the audio-video sync at Tools>Options>video>Advanced. There are two sync options depending on the type of video (i.e. 24P movies or other) that has the problem.
Also try "Crop Edges" at Tools>Options>Video>Crop Edges. Maybe a 1% or 2% crop will help.
//

Hi the audio/video sync requires manual correction and i always seem to get it wrong. Isnt there an automated way to do this?

The crop edges didnt make any difference :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up