INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eliminating @recycle folder from Auto Import  (Read 1966 times)

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Eliminating @recycle folder from Auto Import
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:00:15 pm »

I can't figure it out and I know there must be a way to exclude the @recycle folder from being looked at during auto import.

My problem is that my audio files are contained in sub-directories on the "U" drive of my QNAP NAS .  The "@recycle" folder is one of those folders.  Whenever I delete audio files those files are moved into that particular folder until I get around to manually deleting them.

I can't figure out how to configure a rule to prevent the program from looking at this recycle folder.  Of course, I could eliminate the recycle folder completely but I need the option to make sure I really want to delete something.

Any ideas?  Thanks much!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Eliminating @recycle folder from Auto Import
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 05:07:15 pm »

The easiest fix by far is to move your directories out of the root of the drive; i.e. instead of U:\Audio and U:\Video have U:\media\Audio U:\media\Video.  That way you can just include "U:\media" in the auto-import rule. 

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:31:38 pm »

if you don't want to move your folders as mwillems suggests then use the following option in MC:
Tools:Options:Library & folders:configure auto import: Add @recycle folder but select Mode as: Exclude this folder and sub folders.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:16:44 pm »

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions!  Excellent ideas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up