INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternate Tagging Window?  (Read 3174 times)

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Alternate Tagging Window?
« on: July 26, 2016, 02:37:29 pm »

Previously I stumbled upon comments about an alternate tagging window but cannot remember how it is accessed.
Can someone remind me.
THX

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Alternate Tagging Window?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:25:47 pm »

^
Press SHIFT and click on the Tag icon. (This toggles between the new and the old tagging windows).
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 05:23:45 pm »

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Although initially I didn't know where to find the Tag icon, I have never used that before.
Is it my imagination or did you use to be able to get to the tag editor by right clicking on some files and select it under Library Tools where the other tagging items are like remove tags and update tags etc.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 06:05:03 pm »

Is it my imagination or did you use to be able to get to the tag editor by right clicking on some files and select it under Library Tools where the other tagging items are like remove tags and update tags etc.

There are (at least) 3 ways to get to the Tag Action Window:

1.  The tag button in the action area which you have found (lower left of the interface).
2.  Edit > Tag
3.  <Right click> Tag

You can trigger the Experimental Tag Action Window (ETAW) with a shift <click> in 1 or 2 above.  Once done it "sticks" and will stay as the ETAW until you do it again (shift click) to switch back to the regular TAW.

Brian.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 02:44:09 pm »

I spent ages last night looking for the Tag option when right clicking files and could not find it.
After seeing your reply I looked again and there it was staring me in the face, so I was very puzzled why I didn't see it last night.
And now it has hit me, you only see the Tag option when right clicking an audio file you do NOT see it when right clicking a video file.
As tagging video files is a valid thing why does it not appear in the right click menu?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 06:25:26 pm »

And now it has hit me, you only see the Tag option when right clicking an audio file you do NOT see it when right clicking a video file.

Bingo!  Buy that man a beer!

As tagging video files is a valid thing why does it not appear in the right click menu?

That's a very good question.  I've wondered about it for a while, but I kinda got used to it and forgot.  These days I just open the tagging window with <alt><enter>  It's the fastest way to get there for me.  The right click menu is reserved for other operations that don't have convenient hot keys.  Try the hot key.  You'll like it.  :)

Brian.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 04:36:42 am »

I spent ages last night looking for the Tag option when right clicking files and could not find it.
After seeing your reply I looked again and there it was staring me in the face, so I was very puzzled why I didn't see it last night.

It is certainly a (minor) bug; the right click Tag command appears on Audio and Image media, but not on Video media. I will point it out to the developers..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 12:58:57 pm »

Yes it does seem a bit odd that "Tag Edit" is not there but "Remove Tags" and "Update Tags (from library)" are
Pages: [1]   Go Up