INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple SoX question  (Read 3136 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Simple SoX question
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:42:40 pm »

Hi,

I understand that SoX resampling now is implemented to MC 22 but I don't know how. Is it possible to feed MC 22 with a 192 KHz file which on the fly while listening to it is downsampled into a 96 KHz file? Background are my active speakers that don't understand 192 KHz but only 96 KHz files. I keep on buying the big ones and convert them into files my brave speakers can handle.

Thanks!
Grundgütiger

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Simple SoX question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:15:32 pm »

Please read about Sox on the Windows board for MC22.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 06:19:52 pm »

I understand that SoX resampling now is implemented to MC 22 but I don't know how.

SoX is an option.  Turn it on or off at:  Tools > Options > Audio > Settings > use sox for resampling > (check or uncheck)

Is it possible to feed MC 22 with a 192 KHz file which on the fly while listening to it is downsampled into a 96 KHz file?

Sure.  Just configure the DSP Studio to convert 192 to 96.  DSP Studio > Output Format > Sample Rate > (configure here)

This works to downconvert 192 to 96 with or without SoX turned on.  With SoX OFF, it will just use JRiver's normal SRC algorithm.  Turn SoX ON and it will use SoX for SRC instead.

Brian.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 08:13:00 am »

Guys, thanks for your answers!

I read about SoX in the Windows sections, but wasn't sure about it, as only the resampling part was integrated into MC. That's why I thought my question was a simple one.

I know that DSP can do the downsampling job, but had some issues with it when I started using MC a couple of years ago. So I converted my files to 96 KHz. I again tried it the other day and it seems to work fine now.

When I have some time left, I will try MC 22. I'm quite curious about SoX.
Pages: [1]   Go Up