INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove tags in during autoimport?  (Read 3948 times)

Motive

• Recent member
How to remove tags in during autoimport?
« on: July 29, 2016, 09:42:48 am »

Hi!

I need to set new tag in genre, instead old.
i tried to use "configure auto-import", and for some folder to use "Apply this tags"
so:
Field: Genre
Values which i tried:
newtag
=replace([Genre],[Genre],newtag)
=replace([Genre],filed(Genre),newtag)
=replace([Genre],/##/,newtag)
=RemoveRight([Genre],10)

Nothing work. I getting: or old tag after auto-import(nothing changing), or "oldtag;newtag" (two tags) in field "Genre"

So how remove old tag and set new tag in during auto-import?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to remove tags in during autoimport?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 09:47:19 am »

Are you trying to set the same Genre on every file in this particular auto import definition?  I.E. Genre=Classical for all files?  If so, just pick Genre as the field and type in the value you want.

Are you trying to replace just a specific genre with another one?  Like changing "Hip-Hop" to "Rap" for example?  In that case, something like this should work:

=replace([Genre],Hip-Hop,Rap)

If you can give an example or two of what you are trying to do, we can probably help you out.

Brian.

Motive

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:53:06 am »

Thanks for reply!

I do not know in advance what will be  the old tags in genre (downloaded files with crap tags), it may be anything, so i need full clean up field of Genre and to set one my.

p.s. Files i downloading in to differents folders, so every of folders is some of genres.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 10:11:41 am »

Ok, just type in the value you want.  MC will replace whatever was already there.

Brian.

Motive

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:36:38 am »

I tried, but this don`t work as i want.
If i set value "newtag" in config, after import, the field of Genre contain two tags: "oldtag" and my "newtag. Look like "Alternative; Pop". But i need there only "Pop".

P.s. And yet until i tried with tags on auto-import,i noticed that option "Update for external changes" don`t work, in log "Import summary" always is updated some imported files that had external changes, don`t depend in which of states is option.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 11:20:52 am »

Well that's strange.  I just tested it and you are correct.  Then I looked at the Wiki.  It says the same thing:  List type fields have values *added* to them, NOT replaced:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tag_on_Import#List_Type_Fields

I'm not sure how to get around that with an auto import rule.  You could obviously tag them yourself, in batches, whenever you wanted.  It would actually be pretty easy.  Just select all files in a specific folder (using a view) and then apply the tag you want and only that tag.  But it's not automatic.

Maybe someone else knows more about this?

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 11:27:38 am »

I don't have time to test, but wonder if it would make any difference if you specified [Genre,0] in the import rule instead?

Other than that, I'm out of ideas too...

Motive

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 03:09:52 pm »

I tried a lot variants.
And seems to me there no way at import avoid adding.
Tag of genre is "Alternative"

=if(!isempty([Genre],0),Pop,Rock)         ->Result Alternative;Pop
So, function can see there is value of field "Genre" and then add one new.

=if(!isempty([Genre],0),=RemoveRight([Genre],9),Rock)         ->Result Alternative;Al

If i right understood,any expression there can only return some value as result of work, and which can be add to tag via the main calling function.

So there question: Can JRiver  change tags, like it work for "Global Variables", inside the body some of expressions? is it possible?
If yes, please, show to me some an examples, as change some tag in body of expression.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 02:20:58 am »

That wasn't a typo in my post. You should be using [Genre,0]. The ,0 goes inside the field and tells MC to use the raw tag data rather than formatted data.

It matters not anyway as I've tested for you now, and it doesn't force the desired clear and replace.

There is clearly a language barrier here too, but don't worry, you're doing just about enough to be understood, respect to you :)
I was thinking, if this is to be automatic, how do you know what you want the genre to be set to?

Is the clue that you are downloading to multiple folders, and each folder is the genre name?
If I got that right, perhaps try just allowing it to import without the auto tag, then, select all of the imported files, and then, in the tag window, enter:
=filefolder()
and press enter to have MC apply the containing folder name to the genre field for all files in one single pass.
You'll be done quicker than wrestling with this, and both myself and Brian would raise a smile and an eyebrow if you found a way round the seemingly hardcoded list type field behaviour.

-marko.

Motive

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 08:02:26 am »

Thanks for attempts help to me. And i`m sorry for my language, i almost don`t know grammatical rules of English.
Yes, each name of the folder is the genre name. When i download, i set the appropriate folder to save.
And my the target was monitoring this folders with auto import and auto apply right tags to genre.
With such way i could spent the time only for creating queue of downloads, and then i could get access to my library when I'm not at home, for playing the new saved media with easy searching by genre (and so i don`t need spent the extra time for editing tags before playing).
Pages: [1]   Go Up