INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy/Transfer Tagging Metadata  (Read 2453 times)

HedgeHog

• Recent member
Copy/Transfer Tagging Metadata
« on: July 29, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

Hi,

Is it possible to copy metadata from one album to another?  That is, I've ripped a redbook version and a BDA or SACD version but only the RB fields seems correct.  So instead of retyping multiple fields for each song, I'd like to copy them from one album to the next.

Thanks in advance.

-H

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Copy/Transfer Tagging Metadata
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 02:50:19 pm »

Sure.

Highlight the album with the metadata you want to copy.  Edit > Copy.  Now highlight the files you want to paste into.  Edit > Paste Tags .  Select the fields you want copied in the dialog box that comes up and press OK.  Done.  It's a pretty nice feature.  :)

Brian

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 12:22:27 am »

Sure.

Highlight the album with the metadata you want to copy.  Edit > Copy.  Now highlight the files you want to paste into.  Edit > Paste Tags .  Select the fields you want copied in the dialog box that comes up and press OK.  Done.  It's a pretty nice feature.  :)

Brian

Thx, Brian.

I just tried it and it pasted everything except the track name even though it's selected.  Great feature.  Now if only I can figure out what I'm doing incorrectly.  ?

-Hedwig

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 12:19:57 pm »

I just tried it and it pasted everything except the track name even though it's selected.  Great feature.  Now if only I can figure out what I'm doing incorrectly.  ?

This one got me at first too!  There's a check box on the dialog that says something like "overwrite existing values".  If it's not checked, it won't replace anything, like the Name field, which probably already has a value in it.  Check that box and it should all work.

Brian.

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 01:23:11 pm »

This one got me at first too!  There's a check box on the dialog that says something like "overwrite existing values".  If it's not checked, it won't replace anything, like the Name field, which probably already has a value in it.  Check that box and it should all work.

Brian.

D'OH!  LOL...well, that was an silly oversight on my part.  Thanks again for assisting!

Cheers.

-H
Pages: [1]   Go Up