INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Question][IOS][JRemote] Ratings won't stick on .m4a (ALAC) files  (Read 2428 times)

JackTheWolf

• Recent member

Hello, I registered to see if anyone had a solution for a problem that's been plaguing me. I've even searched around the forums, Reddit, and Google in general.
When I use JRemote (an awesome program btw) for iOS to stream m4a files, I can't seem to get the ratings to stay. It works fine with FLAC and the others, but just not ALAC.
It kills me since ratings are very important to me. I even have a method (not the most efficient) set in place to shove my ratings down iTunes' throat in as many ways as I can (skip that section if want)

[Scenarios] (You don't have to read this)
-----ON THE GO-----
  • Scenario 1: Music is on library at home, I have my iPhone.
    Solution: Use JRemote to listen and rate my songs
  • Scenario 2: I have my iPod Classic full of music.
    Solution: Rate songs, sync to iTunes when I get home, run 'MC & iTunes Synchronizer' to sync ratings (and other changes) to Media Center

-----HOME-----
  • Scenario: I add music (FLAC) to my Media Center library, rate them, and want to transfer to iPhone at a later time.
    Solution: Convert FLAC to ALAC, run iTunes Library Toolkit to add the new songs and delete dead links (Library isn't managed by iTunes), run 'MC & iTunes Synchronizer' to sync ratings (and playlists) to iTunes, then sync to iPhone

I'll probably cross-post this to the crazy folks at Reddit if weeks go by without an answer/solution  :)

tl;dl:
I hate iTunes; I have to convert FLAC to ALAC. (To sync ratings for iPhone transfer)
Problem: It seems JRemote can't rate ALAC files (not an authentication problem).
Help.
Please.
:violent weeping:

Joaquindapark

• Recent member
Re: [Question][IOS][JRemote] Ratings won't stick on .m4a (ALAC) files
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 01:58:27 pm »

Was this resolved or answered for you JackTheWolf? I have same problem with JRemote on IPad.

JackTheWolf

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 02:31:45 pm »

I haven't posted to Reddit yet, but, oddly, I recently was able to get it working (so far) by turning on transcode audio setting in jremote. Once I turned that on I was able to rate. I also turned the setting off and I can still rate.   ?

It's been a couple days, but I haven't had the issue pop back up yet. Although I still need to test it on my iPad now that you reminded me...

Joaquindapark

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »

I found another post on this and got it to work. Click Tools, Options, Media Network, Tick the authentication box while JRemote is running on IPad. It asks for login credentials. After a few minutes it started working. Good luck.

JackTheWolf

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working. In my case the box was already ticked, but doesn't matter anymore since my stuff started working after the transcode toggle  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up