INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art  (Read 3930 times)

tkozakis

• Recent member
Cover Art
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:32:37 pm »

Hello. I've been ripping a number of CD's into the JRiver program and in the past, I've selected "Go to Internet" for the Art, and it almost always came up with the actual or something suitable. Now I'm only getting a dialogue box with No Art found. I've tried working with the instructions, but don't understand all of it. Can anyone give me a few simple steps to try and retreive the art? THANK YOU.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 04:28:27 pm »

Seems to work fine here.  Of course it requires a working Internet connection on the MC host machine.

MC won't find art for albums that are misnamed of course.  Could you give an example or two?

Brian.

tkozakis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 09:02:08 pm »

Sure, thanks.

"Beet Hoven" by Alice Sara Ott
"Pacific Coast by Highway" Christopher Franke
"The Best Of" by David Sanborn
"The Best Of" by Ray Lynch
"Panorama" by Craig Chaquico

Thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 09:40:09 pm »

I just built some dummy albums and tried a few of those.  I got cover art for some of them.  Wrong cover art for at least one of them, but cover art for the ones I tried.

Not sure what might preventing that from happening on your system.

For what it's worth, I'm using that feature (get from internet) less and less now.  Not because of any problems.  But because I mostly want large high quality covers and I don't find them as often as I'd like with the automatic function.

So I made a JRiver link (at the top of the interface where it says AMG, AMazon, etc) that goes to Album Art Exchange.  Album Art Exchange typically has large high quality art for 90% or so of the albums I look up.  Here's the search URL I use in the link:

Code: [Select]
http:////www.albumartexchange.com//covers.php?q=Hexify([Album])
Maybe that will be of some use.

Brian.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 12:27:44 am »

I use album art downloader....It works great!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Castius

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 01:49:33 pm »

tkozakis

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 05:02:03 pm »

Brian, can you please tell me in simple steps how you placed you link (http:////www.albumartexchange.com//covers.php?q=Hexify([Album])
at the top and specifically how then did you use it when retreiving cover art? Thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »

To add a link, right click on the Links area at the top and select Manage Links.  Then you'll get a dialog that lets you add, remove, or edit links.  Add a new one and give it a name.  Then paste in my Search URL into the Search URL box.

If you need more details on links, with some really good examples, read this helpful Tip Of The Week:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83371.0/

Once it's set up, it's easy to use:

Click on an album or highlight the files in an album.  Click on the Album Art Exchange link.  A browser window will open with search results for your album.  I have it open an external browser because I think it's smoother and easier that way.  Once I find the album cover I want and display it, I right click the image and choose Copy.  Then I go back to MC.  With the album still highlighted, I right click and select Cover Art > Paste from clipboard or URL .  Done.

Brian.

tkozakis

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 05:54:28 pm »

Ok, Thanks, I did it, but only one out of the 5 came up. Is that about the right percentage of art retrieved? Is there no other source that can be accessed the same way?

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 06:18:56 pm »

Album Art Exchange works about 70% of the time for me.  Roughly.  A google image search would be more general, but won't have such nicely curated art.  Still, it's worth checking. Here's my very slightly modified "images" link (images is included by default, this is just my small mod):

Code: [Select]
http:////images.google.com//images?q=Hexify([Album Artist (auto)] [Album])
Brian.

tkozakis

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »

Now that works 90% BETTER~! Thanks Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up