INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer settings & library audio files from a device to another devices  (Read 1944 times)

lkk

• Recent member

Hi, just want to seek for advise, I upgrading to version 22 and decided to reset all configurations to default and reconfigure again. Questions are I have 3 devices mainly PC is store my library, how can I synchronize to others 2 devices which are notebook and tablet. Of cause inclusive of both settings & all library audio files. I can't use backup & restore because all devices PC, notebook and tablet the library storing location are differences.

What I'm doing now is to sync the folders using 3rd party software and import the newly sync audio files from notebook and tablet, but all the settings that not or can't store in audio files will not be transferred (for example the fields that set for DSD ISO file) and I have to set again on both notebook and tablet after synced.

Is there any better way to do this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Sure, this is pretty easy.  Use backup and restore. 

THEN use the Rename, Move, and Copy files tool to change the paths!  You can use RM&C to change drive letters, path names, etc.  I've done this quite a lot and it works very well.  Just use RM&C in UPDATE mode and you can change where MC thinks the files are.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

Brian.

lkk

• Recent member

Thanks Brian. It works great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up