INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie loudness, voice and dialog versus sound effects  (Read 3450 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Movie loudness, voice and dialog versus sound effects
« on: July 31, 2016, 10:15:34 am »

I'm having a problems with the audio in movies.  That is, for many action movies the sound effects are painfully louder than voice dialog. I haven't heard much difference between bitstreaming the audio versus not.  It's almost as if I should be modifying the "room correction" for increasing the volume for the center channel, but that would be a hassle changing it back for music.

What have others done?

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Movie loudness, voice and dialog versus sound effects
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:13:48 am »

create a zone for movies
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:38:03 pm »

Subtitles

shAf

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 10:12:08 am »

create a zone for movies
Thanks Tao ... I created a zone as a copy, named it 'Movies' and made the appropriate adjustment to the center speaker. This works for what I need for movies independent of music.

However, whereas right-clik integration allowed for simply adding media files to the player, it seems I'll not be able to do this for the "movie zone" created, and instead I have to drag the media file to the zone.  That said, if the "movie zone" was the last zone accessed, "add to playing now" seems to add it to that zone instead of the "player" zone.  This almost makes sense but there are no visual clues as to which zone is the focus, and may cause confusion when using MC the next day and for another purpose.  What am I missing?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:28:46 am »

Thanks Tao ... I created a zone as a copy, named it 'Movies' and made the appropriate adjustment to the center speaker. This works for what I need for movies independent of music.

However, whereas right-clik integration allowed for simply adding media files to the player, it seems I'll not be able to do this for the "movie zone" created, and instead I have to drag the media file to the zone.  That said, if the "movie zone" was the last zone accessed, "add to playing now" seems to add it to that zone instead of the "player" zone.  This almost makes sense but there are no visual clues as to which zone is the focus, and may cause confusion when using MC the next day and for another purpose.  What am I missing?

Check out zoneswitch, it's exactly what you want.

shAf

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:39:30 am »

Check out zoneswitch, it's exactly what you want.
Thanks MWillems :) I was just about to edit my last post letting all know I had found ZoneSwitch and added rules for audio versus video...

Castius

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 04:23:29 pm »

The best solution to this, for me was to get a better center channel. Bigger in my case.

Pages: [1]   Go Up