INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks with Particles and TV Series Episode Cover Art  (Read 1855 times)

drebinf

• Recent member
Stacks with Particles and TV Series Episode Cover Art
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:38:43 pm »

Hi all,

First time posting here as I'm still evaluating JRiver as a replacement for WMC + MyMovies.. so far it's the most likely candidate to replace my setup but I'm not 100% satisfied yet so have not paid for a license.

I store a copy of all my DVD's / TV Series on my NAS in VIDEO_TS format (not ISO / MKV / etc.) and have no interest in ripping them down to individual tracks.

Running Windows 10 with latest stable build (21.0.83)

After much reading, research, googling and backward'ing / forward'ing I've got theatre view showing my ripped movies sorted enough for now and was working through my TV Series.

Particles and stacks looked promising but I'm having what I see as serious issues.  I will try and separate the issues in to different posts to compartmentalise the issues and keep them flowing in case someone knows how to fix one but not another.

So here's how I am trying to add the TV Series saved in VIDEO_TS format to JRiver:
1. Import the folder (\\server\share\TV\Series Name\Season x\Disc y)
 - folders have a JRSidecar.xml created by MyMovies in them
 - ensure to tag TV Series as Media Sub Type "TV Show"
 - folders import fine

2. In JRiver Standard View, go to Video => Files => TV => <Series> => <Season> => Disc X
3. Right click on Row in main window with details of selected disc
4. Select Stacks => Advanced => Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles
 - this creates a stack of particles entitled "<DVD> - Title x"
 - sometimes it appears that the Duration is wrong, the first entry often has a duration of the entire disc eventhough it's only 1 episode
 - highlight the Episodes excluding the main disc, in the Action Window select Tag and in the Episode tag enter "=counter(1)" for the first disc and "=counter(x,1)" for every additional disc (where the "x" is the starting episode # on that disc"
5. Right-click on higlighted episodes and select "Get Movie & TV Info..."
 - select all options (Get information / Get image / Allow overwrite of existing values / Prefer DVD episode order for TV Shows")

This now downloads Cover Art etc. for each episode.  However only the cover art for a single episode is displayed, it's like they overwrite each other.

Is this how others are importing their TV Series?  Is there an option to store cover art in separate files that I have missed somewhere?  I'm not sure where JRiver is storing the cover art for the individual episodes, when I look in the AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art folder the only sub-folders I see are Seasons and Series.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: The joys of particles!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:12:04 am »

Here are a few ideas.

If you're working on a client, the changes are not synced automatically to the server unless you have authentication set on the server (login and password required).  That's to protect the server from unauthorized use.

It's possible that particles changes aren't synced at all.  You could test that.

If you have "lost" files, they may be filed under Documents.  If MC can't determine the media type (Audio, Video, etc.) it will put them there.  You can edit the Media type manually to get them put where you want them.

If you have made custom views, there could be an error that prevents display.

drebinf

• Recent member
Re: Disappearing Stacks with Particles
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 01:15:15 am »

Well I'll be darned, the lost files are under Documents.  Thanks for that :-)

Have just been editing my original post to be more specific on the issues I was experiencing and you responded :-)
Sorry if your response now seems out of step however thank you very much for that pointer on Documents!

If you're working on a client, the changes are not synced automatically to the server unless you have authentication set on the server (login and password required).  That's to protect the server from unauthorized use.
Authentication is enabled, was in the walk-through I followed on setting it up.

It's possible that particles changes aren't synced at all.  You could test that.
hmm ok, will have to check.

If you have "lost" files, they may be filed under Documents.  If MC can't determine the media type (Audio, Video, etc.) it will put them there.  You can edit the Media type manually to get them put where you want
them.
They were and thanks!  Now I've just got to figure out why they are there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up